How do you pay postage at post office?

Now, 10 stamps is 21 € which is “perfect” amount to pay with cash, I give 25 Euros and get 4 € back, and as I like finding commemorative 2 euro coins, I always get two possibilities at the same time.

I can pay by phone, watch, card etc. but I think money is like stamps for me, I like useing the “real” one :smile:

7 Likes

It’s digital payment
[https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/upi/product-overview]

I use stamps and pay for them at the online shop, as my local post office doesn‘t have much variety and delivery is free

1 Like

This changed a few days before. It is only free if you order about 20 €

I always use stamps and buy them seldom at our local shop, because the stamps sold there are not so beautiful and there is not much variety. If I buy there, I pay cash. But normally I order it online.

One of the reasons why cash is so popular in Germany is the low or not working internet. There were some situations when I wanted to pay with credit card or something else in a shop and then it didn’t worked because there was no connection. So you ALWAYS have to have cash with you.

I order them online. There is a website that offers discount on large volumes, and on the Dutch secondhand website you can find more special stamps (sometimes also for some sweet discount).

1 Like

Three different methods for me:

1. outside postcrossing, I use a plugin to buy these pure QR-code-stamps, and print them together with the letter.
  2. for postcrossing, I generally order my stamps from Deutsche Post webshop. I try to get different values so that more than just one stamp is needed for a card.
  3. I order some stamps with my own motives. It’s about 13€ for 20 stamps on top, but for people with nice profiles or collectors, it’s fun.
  4. Last week, I’ve ran out of 5ct stamps. My wife got a large batch from the local “post office” (it’s a counter in super market now).

I wish our online orders were free! We have a ‘handling charge’ of $2 per order, so I try to wait for larger orders. They’re pretty good at arriving within a week from 1500 km distance.

2 Likes

I pay only with cash.

2 Likes

I always pay by cash:)
Which is pocket money, haha;)

3 Likes

The one I work at ONLY takes cash, LOL. I usually order the ones we don’t get online at the USPS website with a debit card/PayPal.

I buy stamps online. I have an account with the USPS website. Or if not there is a post office close to my work that you can buy stamps and other services from kiosk 24hra. I always use card never cash.

In Italy, in most Poste Italiane post offices, payment for stamps, shipments and other postal products (such as postal money ordey) is only allowed in cash or by cards issued by Poste Italiane.
In the “Philatelic Spaces” which are special Poste Italiane post offices used exclusively for the sale of stamps and other philatelic products (10 Philatelic Spaces throughout Italy (Rome, Rome 1, Milan, Venice, Naples, Trieste, Genoa, Turin, Florence, Verona), payment is also accepted by debit card on the national PagoBancomat circuit, credit, debit and prepaid cards as long as they are on the major international payment circuits (like Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, etc.). Within these payment methods, contactless technologies with card or smartphone or watch are also accepted.
In some cases, it should still be possible to purchase stamps by paying by cheque, but I’m not sure if that is still possible at today.
Poste Italiane also allows to purchase stamps on its website and in this case the accepted payment methods are: cards operating on the Mastercard and Visa circuits, cards issued by Poste Italiane and postal account.

1 Like

I don’t carry cash, so it’s usually my credit card, if I ever buy stamps at the post office. More often, I order the stamps online (pay by credit card, also).

I go to post office and use WeChat pay to buy some stamps. We seldom use cash but pay by mobile phone.

1 Like

I order stamps online or pay with cash

Almost exclusively by card. I don’t carry much cash on me anymore, and it’s harder for me to gauge postage because I’m usually sending packages at the office. However, I tend to use cash when I’m buying individual stamps on holiday because that’s easier to calculate haha.

I buy online to make sure I get a copy of a forever design I like, since I’ve found that what’s available at the counter is really unreliable. If I luck out and then manage to find it at the post office the next time I’m sending off a package, I might pick up another sheet because my mom and I have a lot of the same tastes in designs. For weird smaller values, I have a couple Etsy shops that I like.

1 Like

^same for me^

Can’t remember when I bought stamps at a post office…

2 Likes

I order stamps online and pay via bank transfer, except for the small denominations, which are not available in the online shop. These I buy at the post office and pay exclusively by cash.

Didn’t even realize you could buy stamps online! Our post office here in a very rural town is just like any store - you can use cash, card, etc.

1 Like

I order stamps online. Most of the time the Post Office is out of the cute stamps I want. Pay by credit card online.

2 Likes