How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

For US folks planning to use Vistaprint, don’t forget your cashback options

3 Likes

The winner design of this year’s World Postcard Day contest is here! :tada:

We love the design and it was made by a postcrosser! The files to download and print it will be available in a few days — we’re just finishing testing everything. :slight_smile:

32 Likes

:dove:

1 Like

Such a beautiful design! Congratulations to Pauline. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m smiling here, imagining you busily postmarking your own postcards on WPD Johanna! How wonderful to work in a postoffice :heart:!

1 Like

I’ve made a small batch of my own cards for oct. 1st, and I might just order some of the winning card design as well.
My family and a few friends will get a card along with several official cards via postcrossing.

2 Likes

Hi there,
Sorry for this questions, but I’m new to this.
If I understand correctly to have the badge of WPD we need to request to send a postcard (official) on 1st of October, but we can mail after, right? This year is a Saturday the the post offices are close.
Also we only get the badge if the person register the card,right? And if the card expired?
The post card that we send it must be the one that win the competition? If so where we can buy it? Or we print it at home?

Thank you all for your attention.
Kind Regards

4 Likes

Yes, you can sent after the date. Nobody will monitor when you actually send your card.

As long as it is registered within 1 year, you will get the badge

You can send any postcard you want. Nobody will know what you send because uploading picture of the card is not a requirement in postcrossing.
If you want to send the official card that win the competition, you can print it by yourself. Link to get the file to be printed will be available in WPD website in few days

5 Likes

As @yudi said, you can send any postcard you like, as long as you got the address on 1st October. Last year, we had printed some of the official ones. In 2020 I didn’t have any official ones to send, so I sent whatever I had. They all count.

4 Likes

I organised also a meeting in belgium. We are already with 40 people to join us. They are from netherlands, france, ireland at the moment. I find it great we are with so many already and also alot of new people. I love it to meet new people.

7 Likes

Please don’t be sorry about asking questions in the forum. I’m my experience there’s always someone in here that is happy to answer my questions or direct me to the appropriate resource. It’s one of the most valuable aspects of the forums for me. That, and ‘meeting’ new people around the world.

I had forgotten about the fact that you are not required to actually post your WPD card on the 1st…that it was the date of drawing the addresses - and subsequently having that card registered - that were the most important factors (in gaining the WPD badge). Our post offices are only open for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning…so it would have been a little difficult if I were to say have twenty cards to draw addresses for, write, decorate and have postmarked on the 1st too (I only have ten slots in total…so this is not yet an issue for me :face_with_hand_over_mouth:).

As has also been pointed out elsewhere in this topic - sending out more than one postcard on WPD is a really good idea, just in case one of your cards gets lost and never gets registered. I only had one free slot last year. I’d only joined a month beforehand, and being new had used all my slots quickly. I was sooooo lucky that a single card was registered in time for me to have one free slot on the 1st October. That one card I sent on the 1st was also registered in due course. So yay! I got the badge. This year I intend to have more than one free slot available to me :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:.

I love this year’s WPD winning design so much that I will certainly get some printed into postcards myself (although I still have many of last year’s design leftover too). My local, cheapest, postcard printing service has a minimum of 50 postcards required. I’m not sure what to do with them. Maybe one day some new users may enjoy receiving them for fun…a ‘vintage’ WPD card :crazy_face:.

I am also toying with the idea of making my own WPD design to send out or swap…but I’m feeling a bit creatively uninspired right now. There’s still some time for this though. I think as long as I’ve ordered my card printing with about two weeks notice, I should have no issue having them ready to send on the first.

I hope you have a great WPD! :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Good idea!
I can design a postcard for my city though it is not as famous as the provincial capital Xi’an :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That is such a beautiful design! Félicitations à Pauline Chrétien!

1 Like

Maybe someone else would like to buy some of the cards for the cost of printing + the postage to send the cards to them?

4 Likes

Actually, this year’s date is the first time I joined the PC experience for World Postcard Day. So I’m going to post a campaign where I design two or three postcards and make them and post them on the PC forum to give away for free (anyone who wants it can private message me), and on the front of the postcard I’ll write “Postcards bring us together, thanks to PC”
and the next line would be “World Postcard Day”.
I’m curious how many people will want to join my campaign, since it’s just out of my own will.

1 Like

Ultra-Newbie Question here:

How in the heck does one prepare/plan to acquire an address from PostCrossing ON October 1?

3 Likes

Do you still have any openings left @Equiss ?

Make sure you don’t send too many officials during September, so that you have at least one free spot when October 1 comes. 2-3 spots would be best, if one wants the WPD badge. If one sends only one postcard and it gets lost, one doesn’t get the badge.

10 Likes

So you get the badge only once the recipient has registered the card?

3 Likes

My minimum was 50 too but I figure:
Send some to friends and family;
Give some to friends who have taken a break to help motivate them to send (cause who doesn’t love a shiny new badge);
Give some to friends to try to motivate them to newly join;
Send some officially ahead of time;
Send some on the day - of course;
Mail one to myself; and
Keep some etc. I reckon all that will add up pretty quickly! All of a sudden 50 seems like a lot less :blush:

7 Likes