How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

My daughter and I are ready with WPD postcards and stickers from ArtfulGeetCreations (hi, @geetikasinha7 !) and postcards from MNJohn! We both plan on mailing 5 postcards on World Postcard Day this year (as long as we have the slots open :sweat_smile:) I might host a lottery that day, too, because that’s so fun to me :blush:

38 Likes

@SilverHare Woohoo!!! yay so glad to see my postcards connecting people all over the world :raised_hands: Have fun with your daughter and write loads of postcards together :heart:

2 Likes

Awesome cards you have ready to go there! :heart_eyes:

Hosting a lottery is a wonderful idea too. You’re way more organised than me! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I would love to get special WPD postcards but I don’t know where.
And I am also looking for a WPD ink stamp I saw once.

But anyway : I will spam the world with postcards :smiley::face_with_hand_over_mouth::heart:

5 Likes

I’m sure there will be a big announcement on the forum when the winning WPD design has been chosen. Then…if it’s like last year…there will be digital files of the design available. You are able to get these printed privately, for swapping purposes.

Also…if you use Etsy…go and search on ‘World Postcard Day’. A number of different designs pop up for that search.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Fortunately I still have time to prepare it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve used Vistaprint here in India but we don’t have a lot of choices when it comes to size or cardstock. What I’ve found here is that there is no difference between postcard printing and something like the ‘Save the Date’ cards. So I use the ‘Save the Date’ template to print 10 postcards. I have to pay a little extra but it’s not much.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see the design of this year!

3 Likes

I made a WPD ink stamp with my resin 3D printer :smiley: I can’t wait to use it !!
And I can’t wait to discover the winning design of 2022.

42 Likes

Oh wow Audrey, that’s amazing! :heart_eyes:

I need to get cracking with my design. I’ve been a bit slack :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.

And yes! I’m so excited to hear about the winning design. I wonder if it will be announced soon?

2 Likes

According to the WPD website, it would be announced before August 15th. But I saw some postcards on Etsy :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning this! I had totally forgotten. I’ll def have to start saving up slots already, if all my travelling cards arrive before 1st Oct, I’d be able to send 9. I myself work at a postal office and the odds that I’m working that Saturday are pretty high (since I’m young and no kids, I’ll happily do weekends). I’m definitely gonna stamp my cards 1st Oct, whether I’m working or not! This thread made me think, could I print some cards myself :thinking: I don’t concider myself being good at arts, but it’d anyway be cool… I gotta check the options. This is gonna be my first WPD and I am exciteeeedd!!

5 Likes

I’m holding spots open too which is nearly impossible for me to restrain but I am so excited to participate as it will be my first WPD too!

5 Likes

I am planning on hand painting a dozen cards to send to my friends to let them know about World Postcard Day and this Postcrossings world.

If you would like one, feel free to message me your address and I’ll send you. I will send to the first five who respond (since I’m already painting a dozen). Email Equiss01@aol.com.

I will take requests through September 5th, 2022.

7 Likes

Would love one! Emailing you.

Last year was my first WPD as well :blush:
In Japan, we don’t see many postcards that introduce areas other than tourist attractions… :sweat_drops:

So, in conjunction with last year’s WPD, I made my own local postcards :four_leaf_clover:

I live in a city that was formed by the merger of several municipalities.
Last time I chose the area where I was born and raised, so this year I am thinking of introducing the area where I live now :dove:

23 Likes

The card on the left is absolutely gorgeous. The recipients will be happy, at least I would be.

It is my first WPD and I am quite unsure what to do. I will at least have one open space to get the badge.:sweat_smile:
And I also plan to send postcards to some friends inside and outside of the Postcrossing universe. There is an online shop in Germany where you can buy cards and quite a lot of supplies for WPD like stickers and stamps. I am really tempted to buy there.
But maybe I wait for the official design to be announced.

4 Likes

I’ve ordered a few special postcards from the papersisters for official pc-cards. And it’s meetup-day in Tübingen and I hope to make it there.

3 Likes

It’s probably a good idea to save more than one space for the day, just in case the first one never arrives or isn’t registered.

6 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed: that an excellent advise. Thank you so much. I would have never thought about this.

3 Likes