How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

@Verabella raviolis is perfect! They look like postage stamps! We just had some also! :blush:

This is my first WPD and I’m preparing everything to go out tomorrow (RR and lots of tags). I am bummed it falls on a Sunday as USPS is closed and nothing will get stamped until tomorrow.

4 Likes

I went to the Ann Arbor, MI, USA meet up! This was my first meet up and it was so fun ◡̈

26 Likes

Hi Folks:

The postcards we send out all look like this:

As you can see on our profile, for 11 years we shared hugs, smiles, fist bumps, waves, stories and more with locals and people from (at least) 88 countries. Our last Free Hugs session was in March, 2020, but last year we began creating Hug Zones in front of our house using sidewalk chalk. In honour of today’s World Postcard Day - Sharing Postal Hugs, we created the following chalk art yesterday:

Remember to hug the ones you love, today and every day!
M&M

19 Likes

What a beautiful initiative! :heart_eyes: I hope a lot of hugs were exchanged!

1 Like

I started the day writing postcards and went on a really long hike when the rest of the family got up. Great day!

26 Likes

I hosted a Chattanooga, Tennessee, US meetup!
We had a fun time!

43 Likes

So many smiles! :heart_eyes:

The designs were shown here in the forum, and I got them via a German Postcrosser who had them printed! :blush:

I still have some left, I’ll send you one if you want. :wink:

1 Like

Only 11 minutes left of WPD here in Finland.
I celebrated by drawing two adresses (to :australia: and :finland:), also wrote a couple of swap cards and set my profile active for a while. According the “what is happening now” screen I guess I’ll get a flood of cards later on, there were so many Finnish flags in it.

4 Likes

If anyone is still inactive (and doesn’t mind an avalanche of postcards), please consider setting your account back to active. :pray: It’s getting to the stressful bit, but we only have a few hours to go! :muscle:

5 Likes

I celebrated attending my first ever meeting!

18 Likes

I actually took the 10 slots available to me because 9 went to the US while 1 to Germany. I have repeated countries clicked on. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

It’s just a few minutes of the WPD left here… Can’t wait for my cards start to travel :blush:

2 Likes

Good luck for a year then :smiley:

1 Like

Got home an hour ago from Voss (Norway) where we were 4 postcrossers for a WPD meetup.
We had a great time.
I travelled by train, which takes 5,5 hours.

11 Likes

I just finished writing out my 10 addresses for today! 6 go to USA and 4 to Germany. I also sent 5 yesterday with 2 going to USA and 1 each to China, Japan and Switzerland. Ill drop them at the post office tomorrow and look forward to their arrival and seeing some cool cards in my mailbox too!

23 Likes

I ordered 3 WPD cards, drew 3 names and would you believe I FORGOT TO USE MY WPD CARDS FOR THEM :woman_facepalming:t3: so I sent them to penpals instead

16 Likes

That’s such a kind offer thank you :blush:

I’m new to PostCrossing so think I must have missed all the other designs being posted on here, or possibly I saw and didn’t know what to do with them :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll help out postcrossing with Addresses for the last countries and cities for wpd. Actually I am in Austria but I requested my addresses for wpd in travel mode already. So I switched back to activate a few minutes ago so postcrossing has a few more addresses.

3 Likes

Went to General Post Office in New York City because it is open on Sunday to get the actual date. 5 official cards, 1 direct swap, and 2 WPD officials. Here is the certificate of posting to prove it.

USPS will also hand cancel mail for which a certificate is issued even if they don’t hand cancel as a matter of policy (or so I’ve been told). It is expensive though at $1.75 per piece unless you mail a minimum of 3 and use the Firm (manifold) certificate (0.57 each card up to 50 pieces). And you get a philatelic keepsake back. Not to be confused with Certified Mail. I don’t know if I want to spend extra postage, but might be worth it to get things hand cancelled because they won’t do it around here.

6 Likes