How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

I mailed out my swaps on Friday from Valencia, right in front of the famous market hall!

And I couldn‘t resist buying the cute mailbox, which now oversees my supplies for official cards and others I‘m writing today!

42 Likes

Happy World Postcard Day! I had a fun morning writing official postcards, there are also some handmade cards for dear forummembers on the pic, I prepared them yesterday.

Good journey! :smiley:

26 Likes

@Cassisia Floyd, the protector of Washi tapes! :+1:

Happy World Postcard Day everyone! :partying_face: :tada: :fireworks:

I am at home today and write official cards :smiley:

8 Likes

All ready :grin:

31 Likes

Hi hi!! Welcome to postcrossing!! @MichaelMechanical

If you have picked all of your 6 addresses and have sent the postcards that is it for you… You can only send postcards when a postcard you sent is received and registered by the person you sent it to… So when one of your 6 postcards gets received and registered then you can send another postcard to another person… Hope this helps!! :blush::sparkles:

2 Likes

We’re celebrating WPD in Lahti at a donut cafe! :doughnut: This year joint meetups by the Finnish Postcrossing Friends Association are celebrated in 31 places, each place having a meetup card with the same theme (this year local body of water). :postcrossing: :postbox:

32 Likes

Did draw some addresses earlier today, so that I didn’t forget it. But haven’t written the cards yet as I’m running the café at a market.
At least there’s cakes!

25 Likes

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum!

The 10 postcards is a limit for people who can draw more than 10.

For example, even if you have 100 free slots, you can only draw 10 addresses today.

It’s not an increase for people who have not gotten 10 slots.

Hope this clears things up

3 Likes

I’m ready!
10 cards left for this day! Happy!

16 Likes

After taking a little break from Postcrossing I draw the 10 adresses today and will continue to do so once every month! I missed writing postcards so much!

In some the envelopes (which are selfmade) are unique cards I have made out of old stamps. I added some more stamps or other nice things in the envelopes and hope people will like them :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Ravioli time!

34 Likes

These look amazing! :heart_eyes: We had some stamp-shaped cookies, to fuel all the postcard writing…

41 Likes

First batch for today! I need to go get my stamp order from my mailbox :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed my first few months on postcrossing! Thanks to all the people who’ve swapped with me & sent official postcards too. Here’s to many more years!!

Happy world postcard day !

Martyn

38 Likes

Final report: 1 hour and 14 minutes until World Postcard Day ends and thats it for me! I’ve written a total of 7 (5 officials + 1 lottery + 1 trade) postcards today for postcrossing - went a bit impulsive and just used up all my slots! Sending to USA, Canada, Germany, Bulgaria, Taiwan, and Brazil!

11 Likes

My postcards being sent so far. I still have 9 more for swaps to write. Some of these are official, tags, lotteries and swaps. Happy Postcrossing Day! This is the best hobby!

19 Likes

Some official cards I’ve written and sent today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cn: :de: :canada: :earth_americas:

Now I’m going to order some new stamps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Stamped with multiple stamps, addressed, and decorated. Later today I’ll write them outside in the sunshine!

And I have at least this many more left still to write… :laughing:

Happy World Postcard Day! :tada:

37 Likes

Sent two official cards today, one to Belgium and one to New Zealand.
The latter is going to travel the farthest of any of my cards,sent or recieved, ever! In spite of that, I wrote it in Portuguese, because this postcrosser’s parents are Portuguese! So far, and yet so close… :blush:
World Postcard Day magic. :magic_wand:

17 Likes

Happy World Postcard day from Lithuania!:postbox::heart::love_letter::postbox::heart::love_letter::postbox::heart::love_letter:
image|340x255

y

43 Likes