How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

So far I’ve written two cards, one at my meet and one at home! I’m starting to get tired so I think my two draws will be it for officials, I’ll maybe organise some swaps once I’ve rested :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m all done. Postcards are going to Poland, China, Indonesia, Belarus and Finland.

34 Likes

On their way!

21 Likes

Did you know you get good luck for one year if your pen runs out of ink on World Postcard Day? :innocent:

35 Likes

An 8pm trip to the letterbox as I working today, not that they’ll be picked up till tomorrow! A mix of official cards and cards to friends.

24 Likes

Hello from the meet-up in Veliky Novgorod! :love_letter:

48 Likes

Those cards turned out absolutely great! 🫶🏻
Happy WPD! :partying_face:

1 Like

Does it count if I empty the ink in my fountain pen to swap colours? :crazy_face:

Mmmm… interesting question! :thinking: I would say no… but you can try the scientific approach of trying it out and seeing what happens! Good luck, and please do report back, so we all know. :blush:

Wow, these stamps are beautiful!

My first postcard in over a year and on WPD. Off to Russia and the recipient likes her cards in an envelope. She also likes cats :cat::grinning: it’s fun to be back

27 Likes

I had already sent some a few days ago to Postcrossing friends and later this afternoon I will do some official ones.

19 Likes

Happy World Postcard Day! :slight_smile: I had a lovely weekend with a friend who is also a Postcrosser and this morning we sat in her garden (sunshine!) and wrote postcards together - it was wonderful :slight_smile: Now I am on my way home and will write some more cards when I am back.

8 Likes

I’ve done 6/10 cards so far. My 2nd address is to Turkmenistan so I was over the moon :tada::sparkles::champagne:

24 Likes

I mailed out my swaps on Friday from Valencia, right in front of the famous market hall!

And I couldn‘t resist buying the cute mailbox, which now oversees my supplies for official cards and others I‘m writing today!

42 Likes

Happy World Postcard Day! I had a fun morning writing official postcards, there are also some handmade cards for dear forummembers on the pic, I prepared them yesterday.

Good journey! :smiley:

26 Likes

@Cassisia Floyd, the protector of Washi tapes! :+1:

Happy World Postcard Day everyone! :partying_face: :tada: :fireworks:

I am at home today and write official cards :smiley:

8 Likes

All ready :grin:

31 Likes

Hi hi!! Welcome to postcrossing!! @MichaelMechanical

If you have picked all of your 6 addresses and have sent the postcards that is it for you… You can only send postcards when a postcard you sent is received and registered by the person you sent it to… So when one of your 6 postcards gets received and registered then you can send another postcard to another person… Hope this helps!! :blush::sparkles:

2 Likes

We’re celebrating WPD in Lahti at a donut cafe! :doughnut: This year joint meetups by the Finnish Postcrossing Friends Association are celebrated in 31 places, each place having a meetup card with the same theme (this year local body of water). :postcrossing: :postbox:

32 Likes