How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

I sent these. 1 lady I decided to send 2 cards to because both she and her children collect and their profile was adorable.
Most of my addresses were either Germany or Russia, I’d hoped for more variation but understand how difficult it is for PC with restrictions right now.
I was going to use up all my 11 allowance but after 1 too many demanding profiles I gave up with 1 to go :see_no_evil: I always think I’ve got too many postcards until I read some of these profiles :rofl:
Excited for my recipients to receive their cards :blush:

16 Likes

= real post is so much more fun.
It was not much work. I typed, copied and pasted my story on the cards. All I had to do was write the address, ID and name on the card. Because I did it also in 2020 en 2021 I only have to edit my story with the date.

Real post is more fun! Thanks for letting me know the translation Gerda! :blush:

In the end, between “official”, spontaneous and exchanges I sent all “my” ten (I had them printed on VistaPrint). Here is a good portion of them, in one collage.
However, I Sat. night remained “screwed”: on the #WPD page it had already begun; on #Postcrossing two remained, however, as of 30 Sept. :-/

3 Likes

You just need to request an addess on WPD evenif sent after the weekend are okay

I had a lovely time at my first postcrossing meetup at Stampex in London on WPD
Despite various transport issues many of us made it.
Thankyou everyone

22 Likes

They are valid stamps you can personalized stamps at Postnl and I was on waiting list for dalle2 you can now just join without waiting list.

1 Like

I’ve already received my WPD 2022 Badge! :open_mouth:

I drew an address in my own state, and it arrived quickly!

22 Likes

Oh that’s cool! Yay!! :partying_face:

1 Like

Could I have the recipe? :drooling_face:

:smiley: me too

1 Like

My nephew had my mom’s first great-grandchild on WPD which I think is very smart of that baby already so I sure did send an official WPD card in the mail to commemorate.

6 Likes

That’s so special Shan! Super helpful for you too. You’ll be sure to remember their birthday! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::yum:

1 Like

So for you it is also world grandnephew/-niece day! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Only three days late - my WPD cards are going in the post! It was postal strike on Saturday (WPD), the mail doesn’t get picked up Sunday (and it was raining so I didn’t want to leave them outside), and yesterday ended up too busy to post - so today it is!.

I hope the recipients like them. Even if the designs aren’t quite to the profiles’ wishlist, I tried to match the stamps and message. The only not-handmade one was because a profile specifically said they didn’t think handmade postcards were “real” postcards, so…

Five official and one direct!

3 Likes

Got my badge already :smiley:

17 Likes

:partying_face:

1 Like

I got my badge, too - our first WPD card arrived!

It shows up as sent on Sep. 30, but was sent on Oct. 1 in local time, so, I’m glad the algorithm got that right! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

these are my postcards drawn in Egypt for 7 lucky people. I hope they will like it. :beach_umbrella::sun_with_face::palm_tree::palm_tree:

23 Likes

Ah really cool. I guess some of my sent cards should arrive tomorrow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes