How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

Yummy!! :heart_eyes: You literally just made my stomach rumble! :yum:

2 Likes

I’m still going here with my cards. I wrote a bunch last night, and have a few more still to go today. WPD+ :yum:

I’ve had soooooo much fun! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

30 Likes

The mailbox postcard is so nice, it’s in my wishlist!

1 Like

Julia’s cards are so beautiful!! :heart:

a few of my WPD cards going out early this morning, at the postbox on the corner of my block. the sun just rising over lake superior in duluth, minnesota USA :blue_heart:

20 Likes

31 Likes

@pcronn i would love to swap for your meet up card. I have a boston meet up and also some loupapers and some others depending on your likes. Let me know!

It’s still World Postcard Day here in Hawaii, and my desk is a mess of postcards, stamps, pens, rubber stamps, and ink pads. Hope everyone had a wonderful day celebrating the little piece of cardstock that connects us across all time zones. Onward to WPD 2023! :rofl:

20 Likes

Awwww…please say goodbye to WPD2022 for me. :wave:t2::wave:t2:

2 Likes

Such a nice and encouraging story! Thank you very much for sharing it!

2 Likes

Today I am ready to drop these 19 postcards in a mail box to start their journey tomorrow. :postbox: :airplane: :postcrossing: It was quite a job to prepare and write them, so now I am taking a break from postcards! :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Am I the only one that’s already checking if cards have arrived already? Knowing fully well that it’s a Sunday today? xD

(Even though I put them in the mail yesterday, I live on an island so the post won’t be taken to the distribution center until Monday so there is no way the cards even left the island already and still I’m checking xD)

8 Likes

Heh, I checked if some of my previous traveling cards have arrived so I may have a new free slot… But, no such luck. XD I know the cards I sent yesterday can’t possibly have arrived yet! (People, including myself, sometimes register stuff on Sunday, though - anyone traveling for work knows the phenomenon…) Also, tomorrow is a national holiday in Germany, so, the first WPD cards (the ones I sent within Germany) can arrive on Tuesday the earliest - if the mailbox was emptied on Saturday mid-day as advertised. I’m a bit nervous, as always with the self-designed cards: will the recipients like them?!? Hoping for the best… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have a question, yesterday the 1st, I went to draw some addresses and it was already scheduled on the 2nd of October and it was still 8 pm, will I not win the WPD seal?

If it was still October 1st your time, then yes! You should qualify for the badge when your cards are registered :blush:

3 Likes

I was writing many cards yesterday and more today.
Hope they will arrive soon.
My 1st WPD ,I enjoyed myself and hope I receive cards this week.
Greets ,Silvy

17 Likes

Thank you💌

1 Like

Same here. Postal clerk was puzzled but once I explained World Postcard Day, he agreed to stamp each card … while I waited.
I wrote my cards while my grandchildren napped.

11 Likes

I sent these. 1 lady I decided to send 2 cards to because both she and her children collect and their profile was adorable.
Most of my addresses were either Germany or Russia, I’d hoped for more variation but understand how difficult it is for PC with restrictions right now.
I was going to use up all my 11 allowance but after 1 too many demanding profiles I gave up with 1 to go :see_no_evil: I always think I’ve got too many postcards until I read some of these profiles :rofl:
Excited for my recipients to receive their cards :blush:

16 Likes

= real post is so much more fun.
It was not much work. I typed, copied and pasted my story on the cards. All I had to do was write the address, ID and name on the card. Because I did it also in 2020 en 2021 I only have to edit my story with the date.