How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

More than 40 people at the meet-up today :love_letter:

38 Likes

Maxxed out my slots: 11 official cards written and stamped during my son’s nap. All heading to Germany. Now I need a nap :grin:

20 Likes

I think it’s gone up about 65,000 postcards travelling since this time yesterday!

5 Likes

The cards I’ve written today! I was too eager and I was almost out of stamps. But I’ve scraped them together and soon these cards will be travelling.

16 Likes

What a beautiful assortment! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I co-hosted a meetup in Madrid! 9 people attended and we had a great time together :purple_heart: Postcards were signed, washitape was shared, stamps were traded and above all we had a lot of fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

32 Likes

Great! So many postcrossers and what a beautiful building too! :heart_eyes: Is it the post office?

1 Like

The dachshunds!

1 Like

Sent four postcards to Belgium, Canada and Russia.

7 Likes

Yup, that’s the big Correos office in front of the Cybele Fountain in the centre of Madrid :grin:

3 Likes

In Osaka City, Japan, we had a picnic styled mini-meetup on World Postcard Day. Near this very unique slightly old postbox with the statue of people holding the globe as you see in below. 5 people gathered together and one more person joined later on. So, 6 people total to celebrate. I was more or less nervous but I am very happy that the meetup was really really enjoyable. I should express that I, as a host, was helped by the tolerance and generocity by all the participants. I would like to thank each of them very much. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Saved 8 slots for today! It was a lot! (I finally used some cards I got on vacation in may and lost and I found them!) Happy WPD everyone!

10 Likes

So I learned something today. WPD was a bit challenging here in Canada because Friday (yesterday) was a statutory holiday so no mail pickup & today, Saturday, there’s no pickup either on the weekend.

But the postal outlets are open even if there’s no mail pickup, so I thought I’d see if they would hand cancel with today’s date & they did!

Normally, I don’t really care about cancellation marks, but I thought I’d ask (many of Canada’s postcards regularly show up with no cancellations at all because of going through the sorting machines).

The postal clerk wanted to stamp it with Oct 3rd, but I said can you stamp with today’s date instead. She wondered why I’d want to do that so I explained that millions of people were sending postcards today because it’s World Postcard Day (or World Postcrossing Day as I wrote on some of my cards, lol).

So she happily changed the date stamp back to Oct 1st for me. Hurray!

30 Likes

Success! :tada: :tada:

3 Likes

Was hoping to have an enjoyable day today sending a few postcards on World Postcard Day. One of the profiles I drew had some surprisingly mean things on it. The user said that she will not favorite postcards she receives that aren’t scanned, and that if a user’s profile is blank (nothing is written under “About”), she would send a blank postcard to that person. It was terribly mean-spirited. I don’t usually come to the forum to complain, but I’ve had a run of this type of profile lately and it’s taking all the fun out of it. People are certainly allowed to write whatever they want, but so many completely miss the point of this project. Sorry for complaining, but this bugged me.

15 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning: Do let us know about it on the site’s contact form, as this doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of Postcrossing.

3 Likes

I sent out 16 cards today. 5 official cards going to germany (2), poland, japan, and canada, 8 direct swaps and 3 personal. It rained so had to take a quick photo before mailing. But i did take one inside beforehand.

21 Likes

I sent out 15 cards today!

13 Likes

@Nekotek

Hello!

We privately swapped and your wonderfully designed WPD cards were shared with the participants at the Osaka Meetup :slight_smile:

Thank you!

3 Likes

What a lovely building @SnowsNFurter! I just went for a little tour out the front using Google street view. I would love for my local post office to be in a grand building such as this :heart_eyes:!

1 Like