How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

Seven postcards written so far, and just dropped at one of my LPOs (in cold rainy Canberra).

They are open until 6 pm and were very happy to postmark them all for me :heart:. I bought a new pen while I was there. Just in case :yum:.

I have more to write. They’ll be postmarked on Tuesday! :partying_face:

15 Likes

I’m here and ready to get the writing started!

Once again, for the European postcrossers: happy World Postcard Day! :tada:

18 Likes

20 Likes

I have five slots saved for today - just drawn my first address, and will space out drawing the other four throughout the day

Our postal service is celebrating…by being on strike! So the cards I send out will not be picked up until Monday, so I may not even put them out until then

Because today is also International Coffee Day, I’ve handdyed some cards with coffee and am decorating them with collage. I’ve done three and will do the other two after work.q

6 Likes

I am celebrating World Postcard Day by telling everyone on my Facebook group friends Of BCRT - Postage Stamp Appeal & More! I am a fundraiser and desperately need your used postage stamps from around the world.

The postcard of The Tower Of London will be sent today, but Royal Mail are on strike so they won’t be collected until Monday (yes I know I should have sent earlier!) I will be sending at least one more.

I love receiving postcards as it shows that someone is thinking about you, especially as our lives are so busy and ruled by so much technology.

Take care everyone!

9 Likes

I’m celebrating WPD by attending my 1st meet-up below

Here’s the venue

It’s a damn hot day :rofl:

Here’s the event

Signing cards ofc. I’m considering myself to make a stamp next time :sweat_smile: , will be easier than writing name

Here are the pictures of the participants
Total participants are like ±35 postcrossers

I sent 3 official cards only to France, Russia and Germany. Forgot to take the picture as I was hectic with signing cards :joy: . After the event we had lunch together :shrimp::fried_shrimp::squid::crab::fish:

It’s my 1st meet-up and it’s on WPD, totally had fun!! Will be attending postcrossing meet-ups again in the future when I could :confetti_ball::partying_face:

Happy World Postcard 2022 from :indonesia: Indonesia :indonesia: everyone! Hope everyone who celebrates the day enjoy it!

Bonus, I could visit my old school that's located nearby because of this meet-up

Addition , we’re on local news!!! Kemeriahan di Hari Kartupos Sedunia Halaman 1 - Kompasiana.com
Thanks to @Bravo8ss for writing the article!

41 Likes

I have spent my time before breakfast and the first dog walk of the day writing the first batch of my postcard. We walked by our post office to send these out today.

My dog and I are now back at home, a bit wetter than before (it is raining), but very happy. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Visited the post office today to send out the WPD cards.

22 Likes

My cards are ready to be sent :smiley:

19 Likes

Happy world postcard day!

I had three open slots, so I send three postcards today. Wrote the date on the postcard and mentioned that it’s world postcard day.

Then I went to the mail box immediately. Hopefully they will get a postmark from today! :blush:

17 Likes

Cards ready and postmarked!

20 Likes

Gorgeous postmark @FoTiS!

2 Likes

Happy postcard day! You can feel Autumn starting here in portugal, with the temperature dropping (finally). I’ll be writing postcards today, with a warm drink near, and the TV on F1 for background noise

7 Likes

I set my account back to active after keeping it inactive for two weeks to be some cards due on WPD, to reduce the lack of addresses a little bit, that we had last year.
And I pulled one address, wrote the card and will put it in the letterbox later.

4 Likes

Thanks Anna, also Happy World Postcard Day to you and thanks for all the work concerning Postcrossing you do together with Paulo!!! For me PC means everything because it’s something I can do although I’m chronically ill. I’m so glad I found PC almost 2 years ago!! It makes me so HAPPY!!!

10 Likes

I’m happy to hear that. Happy World Postcard Day! :tada:

Our table is a mess of postcards and stamps, and I’ve eaten a few stamp-shaped cookies while writing my postcards and keeping an eye on social media, which is buzzing with people celebrating all around the world.
So heartwarming! Plus, the site is holding up ok so far, so yay!

36 Likes

We have wpd meet up in 4 different places in Hangzhou, China

30 Likes

Yummie what a good idea about the chocolate cookies!! I’m going to buy them today and by eating them I think my creative writing will improve immediately!!

4 Likes

20 Likes

Today I sent out some postcards! Forgot to take a picture because I put them out early morning :slight_smile: But they wont have the 1 Oct postmark because I dropped it into a regular mailbox (they dont collect on Saturdays) :frowning:

4 Likes