Has anyone else noticed that postcards are now added to favorites less often than they were before?

It’s been many months since I have added cards to my favorites. But sometimes, with Forum swaps where I need to mail a single card, I will look at the other member’s favorites from the US. In a couple of cases, I had a card they listed as a favorite card in my stock. They were quite please upon receiving it.

That seems irrelevant to me, because people don’t favorite only new cards. So yes, the amount of cards available to favorite seems to be the main reason why each card gets less hearts cause they have to “compete” with a large volume of cards.

1 Like

My experience is totally opposite. After the new forum, I’ve gotten those “your card is a favourite” emails more often than before. I don’t know why, maybe because I’m more active here or because here is more people than the old one, so maybe there has been more traffic looking at my sent cards.
My favourites wall is only the cards I’d like to receive, so no, I don’t mark any of my received cards as a favourite.

1 Like

It really interesting to know, how differently postcrossers use their favorites lists

In my favorite list I usually add only postcards that I found in “Recent postcards” list shown on the main page. Or postcards that I have received and like a lot.

So for me favorite list is mix of wish and thank you list at once. I never clean it, so it is constantly growing

I mostly find favorites when I look at other people’s walls.

My Favorites Wall shows postcards I haven’t received yet. I’m waiting for someone to send me any of them. That’s why I really enjoy Favorites Tags. I’ve marked quite a lot of cards as favorites, as of today, 2647 cards from 74 countries and regions. And these 3 cards are the most popular ones among all my favorites:

sent 2011, 1033 favorited

sent 2008, 482 favorited

sent 2010, 232 favorited

I’m just curious, is there any card more popular than RU-459568?

Yes, the first card ever sent via Postcrossing, 3495 favourited:

2 Likes

if you send the same postcard several times, it is logical that many people will add only the first of them to the favorite

Oh, such an interesting finding, 1st postcrossing postcard was sent in 2005 (more than 15 years ago :grimacing:) and traveled only 1km

Well, I love adding postcards to my favorites but do it maybe a bit less often for now. As for my cards, I get emails that my sent ones made it to someone’s favorite wall quite often comparing to my first steps in :postcrossing:, and it really makes me happy :slight_smile: So maybe there’s no such pattern there… :slight_smile: