Handmade... Is this really a postcard?

thanks!

I’m going to share that I’m fine with drawn images on the front; I’m no artist, but have cards printed using my own photos. However…

Via RR/tag (not wall official), I did receive one which had what seemed a photo cut from a magazine that had been glued to the front of a blank postcard (purchased without any image). I liked the photo itself, which would’ve been kinda cool had it been used as (a manufactured) card in itself, but honestly the glued-on aspect was a bit of a minus. I wouldn’t appreciate any sort of arts-and-crafts type project in future using glue, but haven’t found a way to say so politely in a profile.

I’d definately like this one, particularly with a nice and/or interesting message on the text side.

1 Like

Some time ago I asked in my profile, why senders would not like to get handmade cards and most senders replied they were afraid to get handmades that were not made neatly. So I suppose, most of the people with a no to handmades in their profile would like yours, but you never know that for sure.

2 Likes

thank you for all your kindness!

1 Like

That would be great [quote=“Lunavan, post:129, topic:208, full:true”]
I can trade :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I’ve been trying to work out how to send email of my address are you able to do it?

I want to tell you some fun stuff.
Maybe you can do something with it.

Once I got an address.
On that person’s profile was a huge list.
No wishes.
But commands.
Send this. Don’t send that. I want this. I don’t want that.
It made me sad.
Because I couldn’t meet those demands.
Then I sent the ugliest card I had in stock.
And guess what?
The recipient was all smiles.
So happy with that card, totally awesome.
And immediately made it a favorite.
Hahaha.
That taught me that tastes differ.

12 Likes

You can send a personal message by clicking on the screen name or the avatar of the addressee.

I have only two years of postcrossing experience, but for me the best place to send handmade cards is the forum. :slight_smile: There are so many different RRs and tags where handmade cards are welcome or even asked for and you always know that your cards will be well received - and you even get other people’s art in return! :blush:

As for official cards, I send handmade cards only when people ask for them in their profile. Once in a while I draw such a profile and then it’s fun to sit down and make something specific to their tastes! Same goes for foodpackage cards, whenever I draw a profile saying they like them, I’ll send one from my stash.

In my own profile I have a sentence saying that I appreciate handmade cards as long as they are made with love and creativity, and are something the sender would like to receive themselves. So far, I have not been disappointed, but then again I’ve only received very few “official” handmade cards and those I received via the forum have all been wonderful. :grinning:

:green_heart: :fox_face:

11 Likes

Postcards that a person drew himself or made, put his efforts and soul into it - this is the most beautiful and valuable thing that the addressee can receive, not to mention exclusivity. Herbaria, watercolors, collages - it’s amazing and they fall into any person. I would be happy to receive such a postcard. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. Very nice card. I like it

1 Like

Yes Katrina I collaged it myself & thanks for liking it :heart:
I love to make my own postcards mostly collaging & some paints

Same feelings, and so glad I’m doing a bit of creativity nowadays and gives me so much pleasure.

1 Like

I feel very hurt becasue I sent someone a postcard with abstract art on a cutout from a box that contained figs, because he said he wanted to see local art, and the recipient wrote to me and insulted me and said never to send them to him again and most people don’t like bad art on pieces of cardboard. I really like recycling and won’t do any original art again, but is it okay to send cards made from upcycled materials like food boxes?

1 Like

I would not like cards made from foodboxes, unless they are made very neat. But others like them.

3 Likes

And what do you guys think about this “card” I received last week?

3 Likes

0 effort

7 Likes

As I have a specific profile request for nothing covid/pandemic related, I would not like it at all.

However, objectively speaking, if there were a message area on the back I suppose it might be okay?

If they insulted you, I think maybe let postcrossing team know about it?
It’s ok to say one doesn’t like it, but the insulting part is not ok. Of course I don’t know what was written.

I would not send a piece of food package even if contained topic a member likes. To many people, these are something we recycle, so I send this type of card only to ones who like it (it’s surprisingly many).

Still it’s ok to send such, but I wouldn’t.

It’s easy to see what the card is. Was the art there originally? Or did you make it?
I sort of understand it can appear you didn’t even bother having clean cardboard as a base, and then do a scribble on a rubbish, and call it art. Some on the other hand might like it, the barcode, text, the art. But I wonder did you not see the risk the recipient maybe doesn’t “understand” it?

2 Likes