Got mail from Lithuania lately?

Thank you for the explanations - so it is just another step towards “Automatic for the people” … I only hope that the Lithuanian Post will not recognize soon that these stickers are better than stamps, which can be completely eliminated in the future (in Poland we have already the first signal of such process: from February 2021 it will not be possible to pay for registered mail by stamps - they will be replaced by printed stickers)

1 Like

Mine were just put in my mailbox, despite the label (added by German Post) says registered.

just wondering, if it could make a difference, if people from abroad complain directly to latvian post’s customer service telling them, how their new stickers are misinterpreted by other postal services? :thinking:

edit: i ment the lithuanian post, of course!! :blush:

2 Likes

It’s the Lithuanian post anyway, not the Latvian post. :wink: :wink:

1 Like

@siobhan
thanks for pointing it out.

i edited it!

I got a card from Lithuania today that had no barcode at all on it. :+1:t2:

I received postcard LT-743608 today. It had both a barcode XA004419107LT and stamps. The barcode was scanned when the card passed through a sorting machine, but was not recognized or scanned at my local Post Office, and the card was in with the rest of my mail.

Hello. Thanks for writing about this. I was thinking to write about the same thing. Could You please write this information in a separate post (not only as a comment) so that more postcrossers see it?

I received a LT card yesterday that had been mailed 11/2. I’m in the USA, and it was delivered to my house just like normal. The barcode was placed at the bottom of the card over the blue priority mail sticker. The stamp was canceled. I think the transit time was very good!

1 Like

Thank You for sharing :slight_smile:

This week I received a card from Lithuania without the barcode sticker. However, a few weeks before I had got one with the sticker. So I’m wondering if there’s any logic behind it.

I received a card from Lithuania with the tracking number sticker, but it was delivered as normal post. I entered the tracking number at the site of the Lithuanian post, but nothing was found.

Adding a international tracking number (format: two letters, nine figures and the two-letter country code) is a bit strange if they use it only to sort post. It seems to have confused the Deutsche Post.

Hello. I’m from Lithuania. I’ve read Your message because I’m following the topic about mail from Lithuania. I understand it made problems to You, but we, postcrossers, can’t do anything about those stickers… When I got news about the new system of Lithuanian post, I was angry and shocked. I don’t support the new way of marking and sorting mail, i. e. those stickers with a number which seems like registered mail code, but actually are just mail number used to sort and send mail. I am very disappointed about actions made by Lithuanian post. Postcrossers from Lithuania are embarrassed because there are pboblems sending mail. E. g. those stickers are put on the front side of postcards; post workers abroad don’t understand whay are those stickers for, etc. I am sad new system brings more problems than clarity and comfort. I have never imagined it could be like this considering Lithuanian post which I liked very much until they made these things I can’t understand…

3 Likes

Nobody is blaming you Postcrossers, we know you also don’t like it. Don’t worry. :green_heart:

3 Likes

It didn’t create problems for me, but if the card had a lot of writing on it, the sticker would have covered the writing.

Hello. I was at post office today and asked whether I should leave space for postal sticker on my postcards. The postal worker told me during December, when it’s festive season, they don’t put postal stickers on postcards, letters, etc.

2 Likes

I received two cards from Lithuania recently:

Very nice, the “Taxe perçue” indication on the second card.

From the Letter Post Manual of the UPU:

I have received three postcards from Lithuania recently. One had a bar code sticker (delivered as normal post), but the travel time was about the same for all three cards.

I also received a card from Lithuania with the sticker this week; fortunately, Deutsche Post seems to have caught on, because there was no additional sticker from them, and the card was delivered to my mailbox.

1 Like