German Postcrossing stamp launch meetup! (October 7th, Berlin)

Wow! Count me in please. I want to visit the meetup with my wife!

2 Likes

Thank you, @Speicher3, for your message!
Can you help me, please? Is it possible now to order meetup cards with the image of the stamp? Or is it so late?

It is possible.

I send you a Message with the details

1 Like

Can’t wait to join this party!!! See you guys on Friday!!!

Welcome to the Postcrossing Forum - and of course to the Meetup, @emeralddurra and @Janex !

Did any of you realize the flyers are matching the Meetup cancellation stamp?

(More information on how to order a bunch of flyers here.)

8 Likes

I would be interested but since I have school till 16 I’m not sure if I be there in time . Is there a possibility to get the postcard on the next day if I can’t arrive in time ? If I don’t enter the museum can I still get the postcards and stamp or I have to enter the museum ? Thank you

Welcome to the Forum, @chaosnoneko!

Only if you find someone who is willing to meet you privately the next day. There’s no official Postcrossing activity on any other day in the museum.

For getting the special cancellation stamp on the day, you have to enter the museum. But you could also send your cards to the Sonderstempelstelle as @paradonym mentioned in this post.
The Postcrossing stamp should be available at many postoffices throughout all of Germany.
@paradonym pointed out, that all “Philatelieschalter” should have the stamps. (See this list, thanks for the link!) Also many other postoffices and “Postagenturen” have it.

If you’d like to have some of the postcards, maybe @kroete68 can mail them to you if there are any left. Please contact her via PM to find out about that.

Hello, what a success: there is finally a Postcrossing-stamp in Germany, too. I hope I can make it on time on Friday. I’ve been here since 2012 - and more than 7300 cards later it would be my first Meetup. :wink:
Regards, Markus

6 Likes

Schade das ich nicht in Berlin sein kann. Eine Postkarte mit dieser Briefmarke und Stempel von dort wäre cool zu bekommen.
Schade

Viel Spaß denen die dort sein können.

Yes and I love it :smiley:

1 Like

Hello . Since I’m not allowed to send a private message to @kroete68 I will write what I wanted to ask here . Now looking at my schedule from school I will try to be at the museum at around 16 o’clock ( if the s-bahn will be on time ) . First will be someone still there ? Will it be possible to get this cancelation stamp not on postcards but in a notebook to have it as a memory , buy stamps for my postcards that I have to send ( I have around 20 postcards to send out ) and also get the special postcard from the event maybe max 5 pieces regarding the price ? Thank you

1 Like

Hi
for sure we will be there until 4:30 PM.

But to buy stamps for your postcards, you have to enter the museum.

1 Like

Yes - but you will only be able to get that cancellation stamp on a postal stamp of at least 0,10`. They do not stamp that on plain paper. See this post for more information:

1 Like
  1. @Wayfare
    Dear Meiadeleite,
    It’s with short notice but I’d like to participate as well. Is it still possible? Thanks for all your efforts regarding the organization!
    Best wishes to you
    Jennifer
1 Like

It’s still possible to join the meetup. I added you to the list of participants.
See you on friday!

Have fun everyone! To bad Berlin is so far away. Cologne or Aachen next time! :smiley:

Greetings from the other side of the border.

1 Like

Hi, I live in Berlin and would like to attend🙂

1 Like

Please also count me in!

Hello,

I’m crying :sob:
I am sorry to have to cancel my participation in this great meeting. I have a cold (Covid-19 test is still negative). Since I don’t want to strain anyone, I will stay at home.
:sob:

1 Like