General Meetup Discussions

Thank you very much for answering my question!

event stamp I understand what it is but do you buy them at a meetup? how much are they?

Another question, when a meetup is combined with another event - you pay to get into the event but is the meet up free?

The event ink stamp is created by the host just for the event and there will likely be just one such stamp at the event for attendees to use to postmark their items like postcards etc. I don’t think it will be for sale.

That may be different for each meetup. If the host has to rent a room at the event for the meetup, there may be a fee. But generally meetups at stamp shows and similar events doesn’t include an additional fee.
I’d suggest to address both questions to the meetup host to get answers related to a specific meetup.

1 Like

Marora, thanks so much for the answers! You are the best!

How do postcrosser meetings go? Do you have to pay anything for meeting postcards if you go to the meeting. If I will be very grateful if you tell me everything about these two things!

Sometimes meetup cards are free, most ask for a certain “co-pay” to help offset the printing costs as all meetup cards are designed and printed by the organizer or other volunteers.

1 Like

@sannah82 Thank you so much for answer!!!

I am cohosting a meetup. I see many posts have a “going” button. Users press it, and (I think) their name appears at the end of the message (or the post author writes it in? I’m not sure how this works.) I think this is some permutation of a poll, but it’s not obvious to me how this works.

This function is no longer available since the last update.

You can read about it here :arrow_right: Error when adding myself to a meetup - #4 by paulo

Anyone here have advice on how many meetup cards you should get at a meetup? Last time I bought 50 total, 25 of each design. I found myself left with just under 25 two months later. I’m sure they will get sent out over the years, but I want to avoid it from happening again. Do you create a list beforehand of people you will write to and only get a few extras? How do you make sure you don’t wind up with too many cards? Any advice is appreciated!

I usually look at how many officials I can and want to send during the meeting. And then I consider if I want to send the postcard to someone else to. Most likely I’m just get 10-15 cards. And then I don’t keep any to swap later.

2 Likes

Hi ,
How meetup gets approved

hi Hopeem, i usually purchase 15 one i keep for myself as a Memento of the great time i had at the meeting, so far all the meetings i have been to have been held in a library, i usually write a quick note of thanks to the library staff for hosting the event for us and leave it on there desk as i walk out. and that leaves me with a a bakers dozen to send out later.
maybe I’m not active enough, but i don’t understand why people need so many from an event.
Maybe some one can explain to me why the order so many? id love to hear if some people have second uses for them (crafting journaling etc? )

1 Like

I mostly purchase 30. One to keep and the other 29 to send. I can send a lot :wink: . And about 10 to my loyal group of postal friends en the others as officials :slight_smile: I always send them the day of the meet-up.

1 Like

When a meetup thread is opened, it is manually checked by @Mundoo. I know she checks if the required information is filled out properly, at least. If everything is OK, it’s approved and added to the calendar.

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush::pray:

Great idea to keep one as a momento and to offer some as “thank yous”! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Can it be Postcrossing Meetup?

I want to organise a gathering where postcrossers get together to write postcards or make handmade postcards in silence, like IT-workers get together to work something like programming, studies or reading in silence.

I think Postcrossing meetup is required to sign or exchange cards.
So if this can’t be “Postcrossing Meetup”, I would like to announce it as “unofficial” meetup.

I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks!

I attended 2 meetups this past week with 2 different meetup cards. This time, I stamped the postcards and sent them to myself from that city. I thought it would be more fun that way than just setting it aside to save.