General Meetup Discussions

Hello! a few questions arose on meetings) We organize a project on them. Can we include in the price of a postcard the cost of a picture bought from an artist? All participants agree to this. Another question, is it possible to prescribe somehow that people with inappropriate behavior (drunk, scandalous) who can ruin this experience for everyone are not welcome to attend a meeting? Is it possible to limit the number of participants if, for example, there is a tour with a limited available number? Thanks

2 Likes

Can we have an entire category for online meetups? Thanks.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it is. At least, it is common practice, especially in these Covid-years. If only ten or twenty people can fit into a restaurant or take part in a city tour, there’s no point in allowing 50 people to sign up.
Sometimes, a meeting organiser sets a limit to the number of attendees, so that their number allows for better interaction among the participants.

5 Likes

Why doesn’t my recent Meetup Post show up in the Meetup List under July?

I guess because you posted the MeetUp only 20 hours ago.

It is not listed automatically, but @mundoo first checks whether all the details are present and everything is correct and then adds it into the calendar.
Please be patient.

4 Likes

It will when I am adding the meetings on to the Postcrossing calendar task.

This is why we ask for 14+ days notice so that the details can be checked and to allow time for a meeting to be added. Your meeting will be checked and added soon (if there is no need for clarification).

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

3 Likes

I have a postcrossing meetup scheduled for Oct 1, 2022 and I wanted to know how to get the meetup card approved by the Postcrossing Team? Is there a separate place we upload our designs and wait for the confirmation?

As far as I know (resp. how I handle it) there is no official confirmation departement. As long as you follow the logo usage guidelines Logo Usage Guidelines you should be fine.

If you’re unsure still that you got it right, you could ask/send your card in here

Have a good time with your meetup.

1 Like

@Stevyy thanks so much for the help. Yes I have followed all the guidelines they have listed for using the logo :v:

Before you release your card for printing, you should show a photo of it in the MeetUp-topic.
Mundoo/Vicky checks the new MeetUps before they are added to the calendar and if the card does not comply with the guidelines, she will let you know.
If you show the card in the topic after the MeetUp has been added to the calendar, you can ask via @mundoo to check the card.
If it is your first MeetUp card you should do it that way.
Otherwise it could happen that cards that have already been printed are not allowed to be used.

2 Likes

Thank you for guiding me on this. I have followed the above listed steps by you to get my approval :slight_smile:

1 Like

So when my meeting of Brugge for 1 october will be add to events?

I go to a meeting in Karlstad to and I didn’t see them also on the list.

Lara

@mundoo adds the meeting to the calendar when she have had the time to check the thread to see that everything is OK.

3 Likes

Oke but maybe it is also busy with holidays and everything

1 Like

Hi there, postcrossers

What are the activities you have participated in postcrossing Meetups ?

It would be nice to have a list of activities, so when organizing one we could find great ideas to be replicated :smiley:

Regards,
Henriquehsm

1 Like
  • A walk through the host-city with a licenced guide
  • A walk through the host-city with the other guests, the locals showing shops where to buy (cheap or special) cards
  • A lottery where everyone did draw one name of another guest to send a card when back home
  • A lottery filled with presents (stickers, cards, …) each of the guest brought
  • Albums being passed through
  • A birthday song on video (as it was on/around postcrossing’s birthday)
  • A visit at a local painter’s house who used to publish the paintings as postcards
  • A lot of eating, drinking and above all of course signing cards ,-)

I’ve heard/read of groups visiting printing companies, stamp exhibitions, other exhibitions or postal centres.

5 Likes

I am not able to edit the description of my meet-up. Does it get disabled at some point of time?

1 Like

@suyogg As a basic member (Trust Level 1) you can edit your posts only for a very short time.
You can read here :arrow_right: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels about the Trust Levels and what you should do to become a Member /Trust Level 2. It seems that you become a member, if you visit the forum 3 more days and if you answer to one or two other topics.

But I can help you in the meantime. Please send me via PM what you would like to change and I do it for you. Or wait 3 days, if it is not urgent.

Edit:I just saw that you already asked mundoo for help. Since she takes care of the MeetUps, it’s better if she helps you.

Thanks Stevyy ! Nice to have some ideas, I hope other postcrossers could add more activities to make a big list :slight_smile:

1 Like

So after attending a meeting earlier this year, I used PostCrossing’s excellent threads to set up a meeting and get a card made. The meet is only 20 days from now (Ocean Springs MS) but I recall folks in the Houston meet using stamps to sign their cards…

Where/how did you get your stamp made?

2 Likes