Since France has 101 departments and the chances of getting a bingo when aiming for cards from / to each and every one of them are very low, we’ll play this game with regions. In 2015 a new law was passed lowering the number from 27 to 13. Recently the reorganization has finished and all the new regions had decided on their new names. As some regions might still have a low number of participants we will play 10/18 for a bingo. If we see it’s too easy or you feel it’s too low we can change it to straight 13/18.
There are some other administrative divisions in France that are NOT classified as regions but as overseas collectivities (French Polynesia, Saint-Barthélemy, Saint-Martin, Saint-Pierre et Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna), sui generis collectivity (New Caledonia) and overseas territory (French Southern and Antarctic Lands). You may play them as a bonus, but to call a bingo you should have at least 10 regions!
This video explaines it perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-mwO30_68&list=WL&index=36#t=305.795048
- Only officially sent and received cards are counted for the bingo and there are separate lists for them.
- If you have several accounts, you may play all of them separately, but not combined.
- Update your lists regularly by editing your FIRST post and please, include the updating date and postcard link. Posts without links won’t be included to the rankings. Please, don’t post your lists several times, because I will only count the FIRST post.
Making a link:
Spain(just take the * away)
Like this: Spain
(Because if a sender/receiver quits postcrossing, the page of her/his account disappears, but the postcard page will still exist.)
To get the url: go to your page with sent/received cards. Move your cursor to the ID, right-click and select ‘copy-url’
- Even if there are no changes in your lists, please update the date from time to time so that I know you still participate in the game.
- Every time when someone gets a BINGO!, all the other participants will send her/him a postcard as a prize.
But as we play with regions and to simplify it, here is the pattern.
Metropolitan regions (13)
- Brittany (Bretagne)
- Centre-Val de Loire
- Corsica (Corse)
- Grand Est
- Normandy (Normandie)
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
Overseas regions (5)
- French Guiana
Overseas collectivities (5)
- French Polynesia
- Saint-Pierre et Miquelon
- Wallis and Futuna
Sui Generis collectivity (1)
- New Caledonia
Overseas territory (1)
- French Southern and Antarctic Lands