In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner - for everyone who don't know Chinese

It’s an ancient map of Zhang’an, now a place in Taizhou, near the southeast coast of China.
It has no English page on wikipedia but I find this site with some detailed introduction of this place:

https://www.chinawiki.net/thread/55/11690.html

@elenion
Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.
Now I can put the card in my collection.

1 Like

Could a member who speaks Chinese help out with the translation of this postcard, please? :slight_smile: 谢谢!

I bought this notebook/postcard album in a stationary shop in Beijing but not sure what it says on the front - can anyone help? Thank you.

A trip which you say let’s go, and you go.

3 Likes

Thank you much! This made me smile as the trip that I bought this on was 100% this kind of trip :slight_smile:

3 Likes

我想我可以帮你
i thank i can help you

Hi everyone! Today I received a beautiful postcard from Hong Kong with this inscription. I tried to look at the translation through google translator, but it seems to me that it does not translate very correctly. I would be glad if someone can help me understand this text! Thanks :heart_eyes: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

that is a very famous poem from Yuan dynasty, written by 马致远 Ma Zhiyuan
title : 天净沙 - 秋思 (Missing in autumn)

content: 枯藤老树昏鸦,小桥流水人家,古道西风瘦马。夕阳西下,断肠人在天涯。
Withered vines, old trees and crows, small bridges and flowing water, the old road, the west wind and thin horses. As the sun sets in the west, people with broken hearts are at the end of the earth.

7 Likes

Wow! That’s very beautiful. Thank you very much, you are my savior! :heart:

I just received this postcard Postcard CN-3217435 from Xiamen. I would love knowing what is written on it, and who this old gentleman is or what he represents.
Details:

and

This old man is Song Jiang (宋江),
his nickname is Hu Baoyi (呼宝义) - a man who call himself a Baoyi. Baoyi is a military leader who can lead more than 1000 soldiers.
his constellation is Tian Kuixing (天魁星), - chinese horoscope theory has 36 big dipper stars and 72 earth fury stars. Tian Kui is the first star amond of 36 big dipper stars.

Song Jiang is from the Chinese novel “水浒传 Outlaws of the marsh”, Song JIang is the leader of the resistence force. In fact the resistence group have total 108 leaders (36 big dipper stars + 72 earth fury stars).

3 Likes

@RainWang Thank you so much for all this interesting information. It’s a promising start for further reading.

Can someone translate this for me?

it is not that i have no abs
it is my chest hair too dense

Thank you very much.

Hello! I received this postcard today with the Postcrossing code TW-326698, but it is incorrect and I don’t know the name of this person. Can you help? Thank you!

Edited: I was able to figure out who sent this card by searching a recent Taiwan postcard in the gallery and by process of elimination, guessing what number was missing in the sequence on my card - it worked!

The second letter is a bit cursive, I think it’s 志義 (Zhiyi).

1 Like

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/HK-760205

The postcard above has a rather cute image of a white polar bear sitting with a star, atop what seems to be a cat’s head. But what does the text translates to?

Thank you for any assistance offered.

There will be stars with you.
Whatever happens, I’d like to accompany you to see the landscapes at the end of life.

2 Likes