Feedback on profile texts

Thank you for review! Do you think this “please choose the most ugly, controversial, bad-taste, tacky, maybe old or damaged postcard you have, something you would never send anybody, and send it to me” is still too confusing? Sometimes people send me something very nice and cute and wish upon me that my desire for ugly card is just a phase and disappear xD

First, I freaking love this, like I kinda wanna be your best friend because of it! LOL.

Secondly, I don’t think it’s confusing, but the grammar-nazi in me wants to correct it grammatically. Don’t hate me.

“Please choose the ugliest, most controversial, bad-tasting, tacky, maybe old or damaged postcard you have”

Okay… perfect!

1 Like

Fixed the mistakes! Thank you)) I’m a grammar nazi myself, but in different language :laughing:

I thought btw it might make sense not to add stuff in other languages like @elanlei suggested, but put the profile in google translate to be translated same as users with worse English would do, and show the result to people who know these languages to get rid of the words and phrases which are translated wrong :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Maybe a post can be creates for that.

I believe there is a quite active one for received postcards:

Probably it can be done there too

1 Like

@Xute I don’t think it’s confusing, I have something similar on my own profile but hardly ever get cards that are like that. I’ve now joined a couple of tags to get rid of some of my own postcards that fit that description. I have received a couple of cards people didn’t like and I love it when they tell me what they don’t like about it.

1 Like

Done :slight_smile: If you had other ideas to improve it, please feel free to do so!

I’d appreciate feedback on my profile: https://www.postcrossing.com/user/jlk254

2 Likes

Your profile is very friendly and well written. I’m not a big soccer/football fan myself, but you write very passionate about this topic. I surely would find an interesting card for you :slight_smile:

Dear @jlk254,
I enjoyed reading your profile and would have fun both selecting a card and writing it.

Edit: As you read my feedback on “grammar”, I deleted it. I’m glad I could help!

Hey everyone,
it would be lovely if some of you kind people could give feedback on my profile?
I’m rather new to postcrossing and the forum and would appreciate your input!
@jewelldelis, I loved all the in depth feedback you gave! Would you mind sharing your thoughts on my profile as well?
Thanks so much in advance! :blossom: :cherry_blossom: :tulip:

Thank you very much! And good spot, I didn’t notice. Appreciate it :blush:

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:
I’m new to postcrossing and would love to get feedback on my profile. My aim is to give enough information without being overbearing. Giving hints about what I like to make it easier for a person to pick me a postcard, yet also leaving the choice entirely up to them. If I could make that come through better, I’d appreciate all the help :slight_smile:

Hello Anna! Wellcome to Postcrossing :slight_smile:

You shared a good amount about your hobbies and interests. I would send a postcard, that matches the things you enjoy - maybe a handmade-card.
I like the open for everything style in your profile, but some people like lists more. Maybe you could add something like “send me any card/ your favourite card” if you want to write a suggestive sentence about the cards for you, but in my opinion it’s not necessary.

1 Like

@jlk254 I saw the women’s football and immediately related to it (my best friend was playing women rugby-7 professionally, it might be apple and oranges, but I would know what to write about). Overall profile is nice, plenty to read but not overloaded.

@industria I like the profile, it’s friendly and has all the essential parts - to relate to you and get ideas what to send, if I’d provide some critic - the structure of presentation feels a bit chaotic to me in the beginning (like two separate paragraphs on what you feel about postcrossing and there is a bit of repetition on what you like in cards). Imagining myself as person with poor English, even though you say what you want to receive, I’d be confused.

@Loveanna Friendly and nice! I’m a bit confused about ‘inner lives’ - would I write about my inner thoughts and feelings or tell you little things about my everyday life? (if I were pregnant, I’d write about “inner life” so much :crazy_face:) Maybe better wording needed to be advised by native English speaker. Essay writer in me disagrees on using ‘much more’, ‘and so on’ phrases more than once. But then seeing “hygge” in profile is for me :+1::+1: now I would write about what makes me happy on the card

Oh my, I hope I’m not too harsh! Just saying where confusion for me occurs, all three profiles seem like ones I like to get, picking a card to send would be plenty nice ^^

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback! It didn’t feel harsh to me at all. I’ll look over my profile again and see what I want to incorporate. Just not now, I feel too tired for that. Thanks again! :bouquet:

1 Like

I’m very curious what you all think of the text on my profile. Especialy whether it is demanding for anything or not. Because I don’t want readers to get the feeling they háve to pick one of my suggestions or they háve to add a souvenir.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my profile!

Hello @WMiddel, your profile is very friendly and in my opinion not demanding.

I only found a minor grammtical mistake in your german sentence. It’s better to put the verb to the end of the sentence, so it would be “Du kannst mir auf Deutsch, Englisch, Niederländisch oder Spanisch schreiben”

I also think your profile is very friendly and not demanding at all. I could easily find a card for you from my stash and would be happy if I happened to draw your address in the future. :blush:

Your profile is nice, friendly and not demanding at all. I also wouldn’t have any problems finding a matching card for you.

There is another grammatical mistake though:

Instead of “Since 2,5 years, I am studying to become an elementary school teacher.” I would write “I have been studying to become a primary school teacher for 2.5 years.”