Feedback on profile texts

Your profile is a writer’s dream! It’s gorgeously written and despite your wishlist being very short your personal information provides enough anecdotes that I could send you something you’d enjoy. The chunks of paragraphs may be a deterrent to readers though. At least the last 2 paragraphs could be shortened and added to your interest lists.
It’s a bad habit, but I jump to lists first and then read the rest, so making those two into concise bullets for your list could help others who may not have the 4 item on your list.
Maybe break the first 2 paragraphs up into smaller chunks for an easier flow? Otherwise, I love the intermittent emojis.

@fjsm18
Your profile is really well done! The only suggestions I can think to offer are “1rst” might be a typo and should be “1st” (I don’t know if this is how it is written in your native or if it was just a typo, forgive me if it’s naturally written) and since you have a good amount of writing prompts turn it into a list. Those two are just nitpicking though. It reads well, it’s friendly, it has just enough information both personal and of interests. Great job!

For me these are the wishes that I can fulfill!

@jewelldelis, I think your profile is very nice and well written. To own my ‘other’, if you live with your boyfriend and your cat, does the cat not belong to both of you? Perhaps there is a story here? Does the cat hate him?

I would struggle to choose a card for you because I have so many matching your wishes.

I’m still looking for feedback on mine!

1 Like

Everybody has different cards in his stock, so Postcrossing never gets boring :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s almost worse than no options! I’m sorry! :sob:

Lol. There’s a story. I’ll DM it to you if you’d like to keep the thread clean.

1 Like

Short. Sweet. To the point.

Ooo…you have an official profile and a Forum profile and they’re different. Okidoke!

Official
It makes it very easy to read, but, with the exception of the weird postcard option, I don’t think I could narrow your interests enough to send a card. Maybe give examples of food you like, other sci-fi options, or even a few favorite types of stamps.

Forum
Perfect amount of personal information to get an idea of you as a person. Your list may be just a touch too specific (with the exception of Harry Potter, I wouldn’t have anything to send). Bullet 2, maybe put knitting first then elaborate on the type.

Maybe combine the interests from both profiles to give your sender more options without having to bounce from one profile to the other.

I really like how concise your personal information is though.

1 Like

Thank you! The forum profile (which to be honest I didn’t remember I had) is just for random swap requests of which I get surprisingly many. I moved the knitting!

I worry about doing this because I don’t want to be too picky and I don’t want to add boring things to the list either. If I moved the list to the official side, it would be far too specific. I have tried to translate some of them to features about myself and my life but that gets pretty hard with the nudes!

I will look into this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand the worry. I personally see a smaller list as “too picky” and a longer list as giving a wider variety of options. Maybe I didn’t explain well enough. Combine the two lists and post the new, longer list in both profiles.

Hey, intrigue is in the eye of the beholder. My BF would def have “boring” interests on his list that he finds especially entertaining.

You can keep the nudes one as is, but adding additional bullets would offer variety. I understand though. I’ve gradually added to my list because while I prefer the nudes and offensive cards, not everyone has those.
Maybe instead of making the list larger, add a caveat that senders can send any card, or their favorite card, or something genetic for those who don’t have cards of your interest.

I wonder if there’s a way to update this post to create sort of a Wiki to link to member’s poll comments in like the 1st or 2nd post, so new readers don’t have to scroll through almost 70 comments to find a each members poll.

I like the idea of a wiki, but not sure how it could work.
All members in this topic with a poll need to turn their poll-post into a wiki then?

No, there’d need to be one Wiki where each member can add the link to their poll, which they can get by clicking the two chain links in the bottom left hand corner of their post.

2 Likes

Great! I will set it in the starting post , not today though, maybe I have time tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re a doll!

1 Like

I don’t know how to set a poll from the phone, but I would love a feedback on my second profile:
https://www.postcrossing.com/user/Kaye-the-Barbarian

I get great cards there, but there is still some confusion, and I feel some parts can be reformulated or omitted

1 Like

I think it’s a great profile! I do wonder if it might be a bit too challenging for someone with less English?

I would maybe add a brief paragraph in plainer language or perhaps in a selection of the most popular postcrossing languages.

1 Like

German, Chinese and Russian? It can be actually fun to ask help from people in the forum and add some marker phrases to make people who are less proficient with English more comfortable and at ease. Good advice, I haven’t even think towards that!

@Xute I think it’s a great profile, plenty to challenge the more artistic but something for people who prefer to just send a normal postcard!

1 Like

Thank you for review! Do you think this “please choose the most ugly, controversial, bad-taste, tacky, maybe old or damaged postcard you have, something you would never send anybody, and send it to me” is still too confusing? Sometimes people send me something very nice and cute and wish upon me that my desire for ugly card is just a phase and disappear xD

First, I freaking love this, like I kinda wanna be your best friend because of it! LOL.

Secondly, I don’t think it’s confusing, but the grammar-nazi in me wants to correct it grammatically. Don’t hate me.

“Please choose the ugliest, most controversial, bad-tasting, tacky, maybe old or damaged postcard you have”

Okay… perfect!

1 Like

Fixed the mistakes! Thank you)) I’m a grammar nazi myself, but in different language :laughing:

I thought btw it might make sense not to add stuff in other languages like @elanlei suggested, but put the profile in google translate to be translated same as users with worse English would do, and show the result to people who know these languages to get rid of the words and phrases which are translated wrong :face_with_monocle:

1 Like