Feedback on profile texts

Hi, I would appreciate feedback on my profile please.

2 Likes

I like it, it’s a little different, but lovely, easy to read, leaves me happy :+1:

Please tell me your avatar is not a breakfast with your teenage daughter :laughing:

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

There’s already such a topic: Feedback on profile texts

It’s perfectly fine!

If you can, somehow, shorten it a tiny bit.

I have made better experiences with shorter profiles. From my experience, when the profile is too long many people don’t read it. With shorter profiles I have gotten more cards that match my wishes (however I don’t really care, the message is the most important thing to me).

I don’t mean you need to shorten the text (mine is just as long I would say) but get rid of a few of the blank spaces at the bottom (it will seem shorter and people won’t be that overwhelmed).

@Calypso

I would say that yours is definitely too long. I would shorten it. I have had much better experiences with shorter profile texts. I think many people are overwhelmed by long profiles and don’t read them.

Also the “what kind of postcard would I like to receive”-part is pretty far down so some people might overlook it.

I find the last part unnecessary as well. Don’t get me wrong, I would hate to receive postcards with any of these themes as well. But I don’t think many people send these cards and if they do they probably wouldn’t care anyway whether you’d want them or not.

Overall you profile is very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love some feedback! I’m regularly tweaking my profile. I used to keep both a forum and official profile, but it became tedious to update both, so I now just have the official profile.

I would love any feedback regarding my profile, please and thank you!

• Just enough personal information
  • Too much personal information
  • More personal information needed
  • Emojis (in official profile) are distracting
  • Wishes are easy to fulfill
  • Wishes are hard to fulfill
  • Too many wishes are listed
  • Writing ideas are helpful
  • Writing ideas are not needed
  • More writing ideas are needed
  • Profile is easy to read
  • Profile is too long and/or messy
  • Order of profile is logical
  • Order of profile is illogical
  • Tone of profile is friendly
  • Tone of profile is not friendly and/or demanding
  • Other (please comment below)

0 voters

My only suggestion would be to check for some grammatical errors (mostly punctuation and capitalization), but that’s just the writer in me talking. Despite that, it’s easy to follow and friendly.

The first few questions in your profile I would recommend saving for writing in a card, or shorten the responses to make it flow less like a Q+A. Otherwise, good information and I particularly like how you asked to have specific cards not sent.

Thank you for your service. It is extremely appreciated.

You include a lot of good information. Plenty of personal info, which is good.

Your list has some items that could be combined to make it look shorter (example, combine your animals into one bullet).

While the information is good, I don’t think it’s necessary to include the information about the white strip on US cards. I’d also move the No Envelopes information up where you indicate you like written/stamped cards.

Otherwise, I’d know exactly what to send you and frankly, would love to swap with you. My available cards are here (http://bit.ly/avail-postcards), send me a DM if interested.

Hello @jewelldelis, I like your profile text, it’s fun to read it.

In the poll, I ticked both options about the wishes ( hard and easy to fulfill) because for me some a hard others easy. But, please don’t change your cards suggestion, since you also wrote at the top, you like any cards, I would simply choosen one that fits your interest.

1 Like

Thanks Jarana! I appreciate the feedback (and explanation of both choices - I was confused for a second, lol). I try to keep the interest open, but provide examples, can you share some interests that may be hard to fulfill? I want to make it as easy to send a card as possible. :slight_smile:

@Robinchen
Your personal information is great. The postcard definition isn’t really necessary, just indicating you’d like the cards written and stamped is enough.
I’m not sure the RR paragraph is relevant. I believe all RRs are treated separately and rules from one RR shouldn’t be considered to another.
I love your 2021 goal, but given you want view/tourist cards, you may want to elaborate.
Your list is a little inclusive on card type, but because those are your interests it’s not a bad thing. I would just recommend editing for capitalization and punctuation.
Just sharing your collection is enough rather than an explanation, which will help shorten your profile.

If you still cannot think of anything to send to me, send me a card that you would love to receive yourself. Maybe also tell my why this card.

Maybe add this to the bottom of your list. I would have missed this in a quick run through.
The last paragraph can be shorted to say you prefer no handmade, ad, used, etc. postcards.
All your information is good, it is just very wordy and can be shorted to keep your profile easy to read.

2 Likes

These wishes are hard to fulfill for me:

:sparkles: Animated Films (Stitch, Belle, Moana Alice in Wonderland, Nightmare Before Christmas, Emporer’s New Groove, Road to El Dorado, How to Train Your Dragon, etc.)
:sparkles: Television (Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, etc.)
:sparkles: BBC Fandoms (Doctor Who, Sherlock, etc.)
:sparkles: Harley Quinn/Deadpool
:sparkles: Lunar New Year/Year of the Ox/Horse
:sparkles: Aries/INTJ
:sparkles: Pagan/Wiccan/Halloween (year-round)
:sparkles: Creepy/Gothic
:sparkles: Paranormal/Supernatural/Mythology/Legends
:sparkles: Anime (Sailor Moon, InuYasha, Studio Ghibli, etc.)
:sparkles: Quirky/Eccentric/Offensive
:sparkles: Erotic/NSFW/Pin-Up - especially Hilda

I think this is because some of them are only popular in certain countries, like the television series. (Or maybe in big cities, where I don´t live in).
I like that you write “your favourite card” at the top of the list, everybody has something like that, and I would know what to send to you, when all the other suggestions “failed” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I totally understand that. I find cards (like view cards or all the cards with the acronyms) hard to find, too. I hope that despite the suggestions that may be localized there’s still enough on there that if someone wanted to send an interest of mine (rather than their favorite card) they had something from which to choose. Do you think?

I’ve also edited some of those categories to be more concise so it’s less wordy.

1 Like

Your profile is really well written and has the perfect amount of everything to it. Very friendly and inviting. I only suggest checking grammar, punctuation, but that’s just me being nitpicky and isn’t necessary.

1 Like

Your profile is very friendly and reads really well and easy. I might suggest separating the writing suggestions from the personal information paragraph, and maybe being more concise in your questions, but otherwise short and sweet.

Example: If American English is not your native language, perhaps you could share a local phrase/idiom and what it means in your language?

This could be shortened to “share a local phrase/idiom and it’s meaning from your native language.”

Yes, I think people will find an interesting card for you. I understand the words in the brackets as example, If I had no Friends card I would probalby send a german television series, and explain why I like them-

1 Like

@Jarana Ooo yes, I would definitely like that! Thank you for your recommendations.

1 Like

You have some unique aspects to your profile I love! I like the last updated date, that’s so helpful! Your personal information is great. Maybe have less about your degree, but write something like “Ask me about my degree! I’d love to share more.”
It’s nice you indicate any card first, then your interests, but unfortunately the forum profile editing with * for bullets doesn’t work, and your list became all cluttered. Try using a basic emoji as bullet points.
Also, your love for ADs, handmade, retro, and Ukrainian cards can be listed in your interests first and even include hearts next to them to indicate you’d love them most.
Sometimes a “collection” is cards received and sometimes it’s a wishlist. Just making sure you indicate which type of collection is helpful.
Also, Google Drive definitely isn’t as pretty as Flickr, but Google Photos offers the same amount of space, and offers Galleries and such, like Flickr. It might be more what you’re looking for.
I also love that you included where you’ve traveled and where your family is from. It’s unique and offers senders another writing option (a way to connect with you).