Feedback on profile texts

Here you can ask for a friendly feedback and comments for your own profile texts, as some people (inculding me!) are struggeling to write them.
I remember this topic from the sandbox (the test-forum), but forgot who had opened it. Edit: It was Cassiopheia, who had the idea, thanks to her!

Please use the reply button next to a person or @name to indicate to whom you give feedback.

On @jewelldelis suggestion, this opening post is now a wiki, where you can easily put poll and feedback a little tighter together.

If you find mistakes with the links or donā€™t want to be listed in a wiki, feel free to correct it or remove yourself, this wiki is editable for everyone

Feedbacks for

10 Likes

Short and precise. I like it :slight_smile:

And thanks for opening this topic over here, I started it at the sandbox :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve read this twice and still donā€™t understand the concept. Are you asking people to critique other peopleā€™s profiles? If yes, how do you know who has critiqued which one? :puzzled:

6 Likes

No you can give feedback to my profile.
And you can ask others via poll to give feedback to your profile.

Should I add a more detailed introduction at the frist post?

My poll as photo - I moved it because of the wiki

@SailingBy I have change a little bit in the first post. Is it now easier to understand, how this topic works?
Thanks for making me aware of the unclear explained topic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you want to receive a feedback on your profile you can ask in this topic. But only for your own profile! Including a poll is an easy option to receive it. When people want to add something they can do so when they use the reply button next to the personā€™s post. So they know the feedback is for them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Jarana your profile is very nice, not too long or short -and most importantly, it is friendly :star:

some profiles just have list of wants and hates, some are picky and appear rude :disappointed:

7 Likes

What a great thread idea! Iā€™d love some feedback on my profile, if possible.

Iā€™m new to Postcrossing so Iā€™m still figuring out my preferences and have been making minor adjustments. Please let me know if I should include more/less information, thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Itā€™s better if you make a poll

1 Like

Oh, Iā€™m not sure how to make a poll. Sorry, still learning about the forum.

Edit: I think I figured it out

• More personal info needed
  • Just enough personal info
  • More ideas on writing prompts needed
  • Just enough ideas on writing prompts
  • Wishes for cards are easy to fulfill
  • Wishes for cards are hard to fulfill
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

Wellcom to postcrossing @anbai9! I like ypur profile (and itā€™s okay to change it later when you have more experience in postcrossing, or whenever you want to change it)

1 Like

Ok, Letā€™s try this! Feedback is always good! :slight_smile:

• Wishes for cards are easy to fulfill
  • Wishes for cards are hard to fulfill
  • Writting ideas are helpful
  • I donā€™t need ideas for writting
  • Personal Info is enough
  • Need more personal Info
  • Bad English (Please tell me how to write it better)
  • Itā€™s too long
  • itā€™s long enough
  • Other (Please comment)

0 voters

You have a good amount of info in your profile, but I would have a different introduction. It is fine to be honest about life being tough at the moment, but you donā€™t have to apologize about being absent to someone who has just drawn your address. also, I would put the whole flickr-thing and links to external albums at the bottom of the profile, not the top.
You ask people about their likes and interests, and I would like you to open your profile by sharing yours. just a short traditional ā€œIā€™m [ā€¦] and I like [ā€¦]ā€ would be really nice, so we can get to know you from the first line :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@metlodyt Hi! Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In addition to @metlodyt comments about the introduction, I would recommend you to write in less paragraphs. That means not every new sentences has to start at a new line.
This just a suggestion to make it reader-friendlier, your writing style seems okay for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@metlodyt @Jarana Hi!

Iā€™ve re-wrote an introduction, made several changes in the text and locations and tried to make it more reader-friendly based on your feedbacks!

If possible, please take another look and see if it has improved a bit or not! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s really good @Levitan17. great changes. I would have a much easier time picking out a card and knowing what to write to you now. not only because you directly give suggestions, but also because I have a clearer image of who you are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™d better now. :+1:t2:
I only have on little point
I would put this sentence

I have no problems in receiving AD cards or Handmade ones, especially if you make FOOD PACKAGES cards!! I simply LOVE them!!

directly under your wishes of cards and then followed by writing prompts.

1 Like

Here goes, other feedback is also welcome.

• not enough information
  • too much information
  • rude
  • friendly
  • carrot cake
  • easy to read
  • confusing
  • I would know what to send
  • I would not know what to send

0 voters

1 Like

@elanlei, I started wondering what is an Erasmus baby?
I only think of sports and studying programme with this word, but itā€™s more/different thing?
Sorry if this is too personal.

Your profile is short, but still gives information about you.