Favorite Postcard Books

These are fabulously quirky cards, and I would be thrilled to receive any of them!

1 Like

So far I only found one postcard book here, about a dog traveling around Indonesia. I sent some as official cards.

Wish there are more postcard books here about my country or other themes like animals or arts.

4 Likes

And now I have my own !!!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love his style of making these look like friend in your room, and so nice moments, interesting light, the person looking like a person, not a distant star.

4 Likes

I just wanted to share my postcard book haul I got from a recent sale I went to.

13 Likes

I recently discovered this set of 24 cheerful postcards with bold patterns and vibrant colors by Brazilian artist Romero Britto (standard size 10x15 after detaching them from the postcard book).
Below a couple of pictures.

8 Likes

I haven’t seen these two mentioned here yet and as a book and language lover I just couldn’t help myself :grin: I just love them:

Call me Ishmael: Sentence Diagrams of Great Literary Openers.
They all have these cute small author drawings on the back as well.

Subtext - 24 Literary Postcards24 Literary Postcards

7 Likes

As there is a Postcard Box Directory would there also be an interest in a Postcard Book Directory? Or should it be included in the Postcard Box Directory, maybe as a separate table?

2 Likes

I just bought The Literary Postcard Book and love it! I think I definitely need the Call Me Ishmael one now too!

1 Like

I came across a few more fun postcard books. Reading is highly addictive by Joost Swarte

And Hugs and Misses: 30 Postcards of Awkward Romance by Wilhelm Staehle.

8 Likes

On holidays I found a creative store and my bank account is happy, that I don’t come here often…

They also had these two postcard books with 100 cards.

(Left: Ein hundert Zitate - one hundred quotes and a peek into the right book on the second picture.)

I could resist buying those, because I believe it’s hard to find the right person for such cards.
The quotes book was just plain text.
The why are you creative? - cards where all diffrent, but still it’s a very niche theme.

(But I bought some washi in that store.)

2 Likes

As you can see from this attachment of a picture from an exhibition of the artist Dario Rubleto’s work, some musicians can, figuratively, anyway, become distant stars.

1 Like

I love this one - wish there were a sequel!

I’ve sent some, but here are a couple of remaining ones …

8 Likes

And then, the predicted James Webb photographing star eating moster will eat those :dotted_line_face:

I’m glad you resisted. They look as dull as ditchwater!

1 Like

Ren and Stimpy! How cool!

I love the Urban Sketchers one. I dont use it as mail and just enjoy flipping through them. Also the Dover art postcard booklets.

This is super cool!

This is my favourite postcard book at the moment: Reading Women

7 Likes

@Johnk60 That’s my favorite as well - I haven’t had the heart to send any from it yet, although I know I could technically just buy another one to replace it. But I just CAN’T, yet! All of them are so lovely!

1 Like

Wow! Love it!

2 Likes