Ever owned or received a card that makes you feel embarrassed?

It would fit well in my collection of rude and offensive cards. It does make me wonder why anyone would pay to print such cards.

Heck, Iā€™m a hypochondriac and I love them! :sweat_smile:

I own the syphilis plushie and I love them! A good example for people who have a weird taste I guess. :speak_no_evil::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I once came across a profile that requested erotic postcards, ironically I had one of a book cover (it came as part of a pelican book collection) it was titled girls and sex and the image was of a woman who was excessively naked. I was only to happy to remove it from my collection and the receipt was pleased :joy:

1 Like

I once got a postcard showing a fully nude man. :see_no_evil: Donā€™t get me wrong I love me some hot bods buuuuut not when I rely on my mum to collect my cards and took pics of them so I can register them. :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

I only received 3 cards. Letā€™s see if anything embarrassing arrives! I love the odd and funny!!!

1 Like

I received one that I thought was very strange. It was of a celebrity (not one familiar to me) and it was a multi-view of her in a bikini from several different angles, some cropped rather specifically.

As for one I bought and still have because I havenā€™t come across the profile to send it to ā€“ one I bought in Rome of the statue of David or rather part of it :wink: with sunglasses and a speech bubble saying ā€œCiao!ā€ Iā€™m not exactly embarrassed, but I no longer remember where I thought that one would go!

3 Likes

I recently received a card that I found really shocking. It was about an ā€œpompous manā€ who, on April 1st is taken with his wife to the mountains to see the elusive ā€œegg breading goatā€.
While he is distracted, you can see two men in the background groping his wife at her breasts and butt, the bubble says: Donā€™t worry, weā€™ll take special care of your little wife.
I think this was supposed to be funny?? While I appreciate the making fun of arrogant people, how did the sender not realize how misogynistic and sexist this card was?? Did the sender think molesting women is funny? I already reported it to the Postcrossing- teamā€¦

8 Likes

I once bought a sauna postcard without realising that there were naked children in the picture, their private parts showing way too clearly. I guess the card was printed in the 1980s or earlier. I didnā€™t send the card to anyone but threw it away.

1 Like

Oh god, that is so brilliant! Now I know what to do if I ever receive a profile like that! I had a good laugh! :smiley:

1 Like

One of my brothers gave his girlfriend syphilis for her birthday one year and she loved it.

Aaaand Iā€™ll add that sentence to my list of things that should only be said with proper context :innocent:

Iā€™mā€¦a bit scared to ask. Did she still have her skin on at least? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

The weirder the better for me. That would of been the perfect card for me.

1 Like

I love to send this one

Still have a couple of them.
8 Likes

Probably this one. The ad says ā€œLooking for a lost puppyā€. I have another one which looks like a pile of sh_t but states that itā€™s a building.

3 Likes

Ouch thatā€™s gonna hurt :rofl::rofl:

Maybe I used the wrong word :joy::joy:she was extremely naked :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

In the early years of postcrossing I received a card in lithuanian saying how hot are latin names and latin people kind of speech. Only knew it when I asked for a translation here in the forum. We had a good laugh.

Well, I share with you a story that got me embarrassed. I once sent a postcard to China and drew some lines around the address that Iā€™ve written in red. The receiver told me that only names of dead people were written in red in China - the same thing with a square around a personā€™s name, so I got 100 points for a complete failure. :sweat_smile:
I have to admit, since Iā€™m not superstitious, I also had to laugh. :speak_no_evil:
BUT I apologised, of course! :slight_smile:
Thatā€™s why I only write the addresses in blue or black.

5 Likes

Oh, this reminded me of the one time I came across nude cards in this book shop. I was happy that I would be finally able to send that kind of cards to people who like them. I took one of each picture there was. Maybe 10 in total and the only thing I bought. I felt so awkward handing them to the cashier!

5 Likes

Oh holy macaroni! A Covid-19 Christmas ornament! Iā€™d love to have one of those! I imagine myself as an old grandmother, telling my grandkids ā€œoh, I got that one during the covid-19 pandemic back in 2020!ā€

9 Likes