[English] Mail from Finland to Russia 🕐

I think it’s something we must test at some point.
If the cards start to arrive, it’s good to test if the “new” ones will arrive normally, or get stuck too.

I too have still a lot of expired, but one by one they seem to get there.
Also I’m a bit worried if all my travelling to Russia will go this slowly, so guess how surprised I was :star_struck::

I think this gives hope!

2 Likes

One of mine has, after only 25 days of traveling which is perfectly normal for Russia. Just give it some time. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s been less than a month since the mail route was reopened, after all, and even a month’s traveling time to Russia is nothing to worry about! They will get there, I’m sure.

4 Likes

We know it’s exasperating at times, so to give everyone a bit of hope: we restored the route on November 13th and of those sent that same day, 22% have already arrived, so the route is definitely working again.

3 Likes

I still had two cards going to Russia, sent July 14th and yesterday the other one was received. Jay!!

1 Like

I have 12 traveling cards to Russia and 7 of them are expired (114-261days) :pensive:

Situation is now little bit better now.
I had 25 expired cards to Russia sent in July and August. Now there are 12 expired waiting for getting delivered (so 13 has been registered).

Since November 20 I have sent 28 new postcards to Russia. It will be interesting to see when they will reach their destinations. None has been delivered yet.

Only one of my cards sent in July is still on its way! One by one they have arrived. :partying_face: It’s funny to have all these summery cards popping up on my wall among all the winter cards I’ve been sending lately. :grin: One recipient wrote that it was quite funny to read about my summer holiday in the middle of winter!

5 Likes

These two late-comers have been registered lately! There is hope! :partying_face: Also the recipients wondered why the cards were travelling so long and I messaged them and explained that they might have a sudden flood of cards from Finland. :grin: :finland:

3 Likes

Three weeks have passed from this and now 62% of mail sent on week 28 has been delivered. The average travel time is now at 128 days (4+ months!).

And this is up to 58% delivered from 6 days ago. :+1:

5 Likes

Now my last card from July 14th to Russia was received, after 155 days. I’m so happy :blush:

4 Likes

Now situation with postcards to Russia is better, only 5 expired ones any more. All cards sent in July have arrived, expired ones are sent at the end of August, 2021.

Some cards have been also delivered that I got address after pause.

2 Likes

These are my latest cards received in Russia, already quite normal traveling time :+1:

1 Like

Not so much improvement in my profile (for 21 traveling), +2 registered cards in December (previous reg. were in August).

1 Like

Hurray, my last card from this summer to Russia was just registered. :blush:

4 Likes

Mine too! :partying_face: So happy! It seemed pretty hopeless for a while, but then the cards just started arriving one by one. It would be really interesting to know what actually happened, but I guess we’ll never find that out. :thinking:

2 Likes

Minulla myös ihan samanlainen tilanne. Kaikkialle muualle kortit menevät, mutta listalla näkyy pitkä rivi Venäjälle meneviä kortteja, osa lähetetty viime kesänä, loput nyt syksyllä. Pietariin kortit kulkevat vielä hitaammin kuin Siperiaan.

1 Like

At the moment I have three out of thirteen cards going to Russia expired (sent between June and September 2021), and four out of eight traveling (sent after route was opened).

Cards sent in July are registered in October, one card sent in September is registered in November. Cards sent in November are registered in December. Some improvement has happened for sure.