Do you wish there was a way to earn more travelling?

I’m ok with the limits as they are now, it keeps me from spending all my money on stamps and postcards :grinning:

3 Likes

For that I wish we had a photo gallery on site to upload our direct swaps to.

You might want to consider direct swaps and RRs, this way you can send and receive a lot more. They won’t show up in your Postcrossing Wall, but if all you want is to send postcards, it may be a way out =)

3 Likes

My 2 cents: Maybe here can be one day in week when everybody, who wants, can withdraw a new adresse? Or, if that’s too often, maybe one day in month? For example, the 1st date…

1 Like

Perhaps at least the ones with up to 10 or 15 slots should get two more slots because of the longer travel times due to the Covid-19 pandemic right now.

2 Likes

I’m one in the category of being able to send out less than 15 cards. I took the route @angelicca previously suggested: participating in round robins and direct swaps. In combination with the official postcrossing side of things this keeps me and my mailbox extremely happy !
After all it’s not about numbers, but about sending out and receiving postcards from all over the world and ‘meeting’ so many different people this way !

2 Likes

P.S. and bit by bit the number of official cards you can send increases automatically …
in short: for me the system is perfect as it is !

3 Likes

But that way is without surprise.

1 Like

@RalfH It doesn’t have to be ! There are surprise round robins, a direct swap doesn’t have to be with a fixed agreed card.
Round robins based on a certain theme close to your heart or sending to or receiving from a particular country, can enhance the fun. It can be that you finally get to send a card to a country you really like to send one to and receive one from… same goes for direct swaps.

1 Like

Ah, okay! It is closer to my heart to not know whom to write to, before I pull the address and to get cards from random strangers, I think that is why I never took part in a round robin so far. I also have enough free slots to write cards, but I think the number of slots could be raised slightly for people with only few slots who mainly want to do the official postcrossing.

2 Likes

Agree! Five card limit for new members is too low. Cards are moving very slowly around the world and many are expiring. Lets help the newbies out and raise the number of cards they can initially send. We can all remember our anxious feelings waiting for those first cards. We want to keep them interested not frustrated.

My slot is 7. Rossia China, USA, Canada… OK, also Finland, where, I hope, my card arrives soon. And Netherlans, and UK- unpredicable: can be soon, can be not.
Found a kind American lady, who will send me the cards what I wanted, and I will send something. But in general I want nothing of Robins or swaps.

1 Like

I definitely would use more slots. I almost always have all of my current 23 traveling. I wish we got an extra on our PC anniversary or could purchase a few extra with proceeds benefiting a charity or the site itself.

Hello engeljess,

Welcome to Postcrossing :slight_smile:

Just a hint: in this part of the forum English is the required language, so maybe you could edit your post.

The only way for you to accelerate things: Enable sending and receiving cards in your own country.

Yes, that does the trick, cards travel very quickly in Germany. :wink:

And it’s fun to participate in Round Robins - there’s even a Suprise RR where you get random partners (@RalfH).

1 Like

Sorry ich hatte nirgendwo gelesen das man hier auf Englisch schreiben muss, aber leider kann ich nicht wirklich gut Englisch. Daher ist das dann wohl erst einmal mein letzter Beitrag.

Danke für die Tipps mit den senden und empfangen im eigenen Land, das habe ich direkt angeklickt.
Die Round Robins werde ich mir mal ansehen.

Fine, but to me they look quite complicated.

There is also a german speaking subforum #communities:german-deutsch.

There you are allowed to write in german.

1 Like

It took me more than 4 years to gather the courage to participate in a RR, they indeed seemed so complicated to me! The tags also confused me for months even though I read their rules in all the languages I know…!

I truly never wished for more slots, at the beginning I was grateful the limit kept me from spending more money, then when I had a bit more I still watched the money, and I truly don’t have the time to send that much. Of course everybody’s circumstances are different, but I really never felt the slots were a problem.
I currently have 4 travelling :joy: plus a bunch of expired (that’s also something that puts me off, I have so many expired that I prefer to send somewhat sparingly to avoid the heartache of seeing time and money go down the drain). I recently realised that I have 16 slots now, it must have happened when my 351st card was registered. My cards have been a lot quicker lately which is why I only have 4 below 60 days, I usually have 7-8, sometimes 10-11.

2 Likes