Do you prefer to send cards or receive them?

i really like this question… i love to receive! to see the design the sender has chosen, to see what country it’s travelled from! to know that I have connected with another human living a different life. huge feeling of appriciation for the care someone put into it

of course sending too, as i get to put in the creativity and make something that will inspire happiness

4 Likes

As much as I love finding a new card in my mailbox, I think I prefer sending them overall! I enjoy reading about the person whose address I got and looking through my box of unwritten postcards, thinking what would they get excited about? Oh, and decorating cards is also a very fun activity! I’m not that crafty but from time to time I get so inspired that I spend TOO much time on one card, haha :smile:
But receiving cards is great too, especially when people write a lot and/or answer the questions from my profile. Every card is a treasure in its own way though and I’m happy with each of them!

3 Likes

I think I enjoy sending more as there’s that creative spark of trying to get the right card for the person and think of what to write and then send it off. I also enjoy receiving cards and seeing some happy mail in my mailbox, but I enjoy sending them a bit more because I find it creatively satisfying.

2 Likes

I always receive postcards with trepidation and delight, which is why I like to receive them more. But this does not mean that I do not really like sending postcards. I love the process when you are looking for a postcard for a person, you want to send him exactly the one that he will like and make him smile.

And it is also very important to have a special approach to everyone, to share something special with the person who receives this card from me, to meet new people through their description of themselves and their preferences. :earth_asia:

3 Likes

I prefer sending cards. I love the process of choosing the card, stamps, stickers… Even though my boyfriend likes to help me with it, especially with choosing most of the stuff, but I don’t mind it, decorating itself is also fun. And I always enjoy writing the message, I’m trying to write kinda long ones and I would be grateful for actually getting even more space pro the text… But receiving postcards is a cool reward!!

1 Like

I love buying postcards, beautiful special stamps and washi tape
I love choosing the right card for each recipient and writing/decorating it

BUT the thing I love most about postcrossing is receiving wonderful cards with lovely messages

2 Likes

The process of reading the profile after getting the address picking stamps a postcard and stickers washi color pens makes it all nice for the receivers.
Opening my box finding postcards are the greatest feeling too.

1 Like

It’s interesting to see most people like sending cards vs receiving. I actually like receiving more. The joy of getting something pretty in the mail randomly and a personal message which makes me feel I’m getting to know someone. I enjoy sending too but in person I also enjoy listening more than talking. It makes me feel more connected which is why I joined PC in the first place!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I also like sending more. :email:
I like to see what kind of person that is and then I pick a card and I never plan, but the text comes spontaneously. Mostly, people are happy.
Somebody said “a gift person”, yes, exactly! I am like that :slightly_smiling_face: I also like when a person likes the card I sent.
Once, for example, I had to send a card to the US, I wasn’t at home, but the person wrote he liked vintage cards, so I got him an old card from the last century, which I found at my parents’.
When receiving, I’m most happy to see a postcard in my letter box :joy: It’s really an addictive feeling.
But I get sometimes disappointed. Sometimes a person writes just one sentence or very standard phrases, and I understand that s/he collects postcards or stamps and just needs to send something to receive cards.

1 Like