Do you make postcards by yourself?

I am a person who enjoys making my own postcards. It takes time, money too for embellishments. It makes me feel GREAT! I found a place here to send them too! I hope when you get one of mine you like it if not really like it. Please don’t throw it away! Like 1 person said I. Here No. They don’t want one! Yikes!

1 Like

Dear all, a question: If you make cards yourself, with a collage - do you laminate these cards? So only the front. It serves to protect the work of art created with a lot of love and passion. Or is it frowned upon to do something like that? We’re new here and already have ideas on how we could design our postcards. But we are afraid, that our work will be destoyed on the trip, And we look forward to every tip, every suggestion.

@gRapEsAndLemons I’ve never thrown away a postcard, but somehow I’ll have to begin some cleaning out because they really begin you use space… But I wouldn’t throw away an unique artwork created especially for me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@max_charly I’ve once recieved a collage card made by used stamps. It had a protective cover over the stamps, looking like a varnish, not like foil.

I’ve also recieved cards which were put in tight fitting plastic pouches (from Asian countries during the rain season) - I guess they were posted at a post office with hand cancellation, so the stamped card could be put inside the protective cover before beginning its travel.

Isn’t there a topic about handmade cards on the forum? Perhaps you could ask there again. :wink:

1 Like

We have a very lively thread about creative projects in the German language community:

Alles rund ums Basteln und Kreativ sein

It has a lot of resources and even tutorials, and of course you can ask questions any time!

1 Like

Very cute :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, so many mail artists! That makes me really happy. I love self-made cards! Is there a special corner/list in this new forum to sign up for a swap of self-made ones only?

1 Like

I make:
painted cards, collage cards and drawn cards