Do you ever send or received two postcards to/from the same member?

That was such a neat idea! Sometimes I send a vintage card of some site in my area; now I want to stock up on some modern cards that match my vintage ones and maybe sometimes send both.

1 Like

@yudi
I received 16 cards from that postcrosser for years ago.

Once I had already written a card when I realized I had one that fitted the profile even better. So I sent both cards written and stamped.

A few times I have received more than one card in an envelope and once I received a card that said “I thought of you when I saw this postcard”. It wasn’t from any of my penfriends and there was no ID. So I asked postcrossing for help and they told me I had already registered the postcard several weeks ago.

2 Likes

I sent two cards recently with the same ID. The profile explained that the account was started by a mother for her two children to get mail. So, I sent one postcard to each child, but of course, both cards had the same ID.

5 Likes

I never even thought about it… Now I feel like I am a bad person :joy:

And no I never received two/more, which also contributes to me never have thought about this. A couple of times I received a second card that was sent because the first one was lost, but the first one really never arrived. But never sent at the same time.

I sometimes send multiple ones to my penpals when I am on holiday, but not as officials, I have always done it literally, send “a card”… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Once I got two cards with same ID from someone who had forgotten they already sent me one and sent another. I also got two cards from someone in Singapore who was only sending the free government cards. They were impatient that I didn’t register the first one within 7 days and sent another. Another time, someone sent me four cards in an envelope as an official, saying they couldn’t decide which one to send!

As far as I remember, I only sent two cards for one ID (aside from resending expired - which I only do rarely) one time. I had an ad card that matched the person’s wishes exactly, but they requested no ad cards. So, I sent them a regular card and the ad card together in an envelope. This was back at the beginning of my Postcrossing days and I wouldn’t do that now.

2 Likes

Since this crazy pandemic started, I have often sent more than one postcard (usually 3, the cost for the stamps is the same as one in Italy) when I bump into postcrossers who are fine with envelopes. I also add some stickers, bookmarks, recipes etc.
I think we all need some extra postal treats & smiles these times…:two_hearts::tulip::two_hearts::tulip:

A few days ago I received 3 postcards in an envelope from an American postcrosser. I was over the moon!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Once. I have sent two cards once.

The person had a nice wishlist with things I had and one particular wish I hadn’t seen before and couldn’t match at the time. So I sent one of the “wishlist items” that I did have.

A few weeks later I was card shopping and saw the perfect card for this person’s particular wish! I couldn’t help myself, so I bought it and sent it to them with the same postcard-ID as the first card and hoped they wouldn’t be too confused. I did mention on the card that I had already sent one and asked them kindly to not think I was crazy. :wink:

3 Likes

Received from him too :slight_smile:

1 Like

A short time ago I picked a profile where I had a matching card for. It was a rare card and I wanted to send it to the recipient. But as it had a small damage I sent a second card. I sent them both written and stamped at the same time.
I also received two cards written and stamped some time ago. They were sent by a new postcrosser who was very excited and couldn’t decide which card to send :wink:

1 Like

I once bought two cards that belonged together. You could sent them separately, but if you put them next to each other, the images would connect. When I drew an address, the request match the image, so I sent the two cards separately. I uploaded the view of the two cards together.

4 Likes

Yes, I also received postcards from this gentleman. He was in Taiwan I think.

Yes, he is.

1 Like

2 years ago I received 2 cards one or two weeks apart from a new postcrosser from the USA. I sent a message explaining that one is to send one card only to one receiver. My cards were the only cards this postcrosser ever sent.

I sometimes send 2 postcards in an envelope or instead of the second postcard I put some surprise. Just like that, to make a pleasant person:)

2 Likes

I like this idea!

I did receive two postcards from Iceland once, with the same ID. They arrived at the same time, and I think the senders en t then at the same time…

Once I sent 3 postcards in an envelope. The receiver preferred getting the postcards in an envelope and I had a hard time deciding which postcard to send.

Another time I drew a profile where the receiver wanted dinosaur postcards. I knew I had dinosaur postcards, but I didn’t find them. So I sent another postcard. A week or two later I found the dinosaur postcards. So I sent one of them.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve received 2 postcards, but once, I received a recipe in an envelope and a postcard. The recipe arrived a few days before the postcard, so I was pretty confused.

I have never sent two postcards with the same ID number, but after receiving thank you postcards from people (I include my return address on cards), I have sent a couple of thank you postcards to people who included their return address on the first postcard.

1 Like

Not often. I just did recently because the Postcrosser said that her two daughters liked Harry Potter and also that they were creating boxes for different countries and putting little souvenirs in them (like tickets, low value coins, etc). So I sent her the official card and then a card for the girls and some souvenirs all in one envelope.

1 Like