Delivered in person

If I lived not where I live but in another town- Valka- there should be possibility go to Estonian Valga and put the card in the recipient’s box.

I wouldn’t find this especially upsetting.

I mean, if the sender had put a stamp on the postcard you would had never noticed it had been delivered by hand, but it would be the same.

2 Likes

this would not happen where i currently live, but I THINK i wouldnt mind it if i was next to a (land) border somewhere in europe for example. I’d miss the stamp as well, but i dont find it creepy unless someone intentionally travelled 5 hours to hand deliver it!

but i guess im not the medium postcrosser, privacy issues are not a big concern for me…

2 Likes

UPDATE

The sender contacted me and told me they were visiting family nearby.
That’s why they put the card in my mailbox.
I appreciate their message and I am sure they only meant the very best.
So this discussion can be closed as far as I am concerned.

12 Likes

To be fair, if I pulled an address just down the road from me or for somewhere where I was visiting I’d probably deliver it in person too, but I can totally see how that would make someone feel uncomfortable! I’d probably tell them about it on the postcard or message them in advance to say “you’re just down the road or I’m in the area hope that’s okay” to ease their worry - I know I’d appreciate it if I was in the same position.

1 Like

I think it would be great to meet another Postcrosser. I would invite them out for lunch or coffee!! A kind of mini Postcrossing meet up…maybe we would even sit awhile and write cards together!!

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.