Decrease in the number of created posts and likes for them

Some topics on the forum are periodically purged for obvious reasons. For example, the topic where postcrossers help each other with the translation of postcards or messages.

However I have noticed that when a post is removed, it disappears from the Activity section of the postcrosser, and this reduces their count of created posts and received likes.

I assume that this is not very encouraging for postcrossers who are actively involved in such topics.

Hi,
as for me: I do not count my created topics or posts or the likes I receive. It is of no importance to me. I am active in a topic because I want to participate in the communication with people and (in the translation section) help others to do the same. If it helps to keep the forum well-organized I will happily agree to have all my outdated postings removed and I will not mind if this will have an impact on my activity stats. I am here for the fun, not for competition or pushing my selfesteem by gathering activity badges or likes.

10 Likes

It’s not about your or my feelings. This is just a technical issue. We all are here because we love postcards and this amazing community! :hugs:

Unlike the old forum, there are very few topics/sections where posts are deleted on this forum at the moment — I think maybe only on the translation topic and, occasionally, on topics that the original poster asks to be deleted or if there’s a problem. So perhaps this is not a big issue, as the impact on member’s statistics should be relatively small, if they participate a bit all over the forum, over a longer period of time.

Have you noticed a large impact on your statistics, @IKnewItAllAlong?

Ana, thanks for your answer. I have been enjoying this amazing community for not too long, and being a perfectionist, I accidentally see this technical issue. This is not a big deal to me, but I was wondering if you knew about that issue. I thought it would be a good thing to investigate, but now it seems less important. :sweat_smile:

1 Like