Current USPS Postage Rates & Info (JULY 14, 2024 UPDATE)

You can use any combination as long as it adds up the right amount. I often have 4-5 stamps if different values on my cards. I buy older ones from stamp dealers and match the themes to the card image or recipient interests

1 Like

US postage can be very confusing. We have so many different options. And, as others have said, you can use any combination of stamps, as long as they total the correct amount - which is changing every 6 months now. It may help if you go to the USPS webpage and look through the stamps currently for sale. I use the non-machine stamp (purple and yellow butterfilie) because it’s a standard size and right now is $1.12. But, I also have a ton of old stamps that have set denominations. The biggest drawback with those is they’re worth less and less as the cost of postage keeps going up! But, they look cool!

1 Like

PRICE INCREASE JULY 14

Just a heads up!

3 Likes

Just updated the chart with the new prices starting this Sunday!

6 Likes

Hi, I noticed the non-machinable stamp in the table listed at 1.17, but the current rate is 1.19 (forever 73c + surcharge 46c)

Oops! Just fixed it, thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Am I the only one who bought Forever stamps last weekend (the 12th and 13th) trying to beat the rate hike? I had to charge them. I am so not looking forward to my next credit card bill. :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Yes… I spent over $100 dollars and my CC just updated with this purchase today… I swear, it’s for a good cause!!!

please help
how many first class stamps do I need to use to send a card from the USA internationally

Those are 37 cents, so if that’s all you had you’d need 5 to have at least $1.65 postage.

1 Like

thank you very mutch

Hello, I have sent multiple cards to Asia recently, china, Taiwan, Japan, and south Korea—from the usa. It has been over 120 days for some of them. I use 2 stamps to send cards to Europe and they always arrive, do I need more stamps to get my postcards to Asian countries? If so how many? If someone from the usa has experienced this or has tips please let me know! Thank you! I just use the normal usa forever stamps, not International.

Hello @milleland, welcome to the Forum! I’ve moved your question to this topic, where it fits in better.

It sounds like you’ve been underpaying on your cards to both Europe and Asia. Two Forever stamps are not enough. Please see this post for correct international postage from the US to any other country.

I was just thinking I wish I had this and poof there it is!!!

2 Likes

Hello, everyone! I’m in the US and I have a 5x7 promotional card (it was for a film that I think the person I am sending to will enjoy more than any other postcards I have) that I would like to repurpose as a postcard and send to Germany. It is thick and sturdy and it looks like a large postcard, but doesn’t have postcard guides on the back for a stamp and address. Instead, it has a QR code on the back that goes to a clip from the film on TikTok. (Additionally, it has a three word tagline, and @ and # tags on social media.)

I have two questions:

1. Do you think I need more than the $1.65 US international stamp to send? Google tells me that a 5x7 postcard should be fine with regular international postage, but I’m nervous since I’m new at this.
  2. Do you think I should cover those hashtag and QR code areas up, or leave it as part of the interest of the original ephemera?

Thanks for your input!

$1.65 is a sufficient postage internationally, it covers a mail piece up to 6 1/8" x 11 1/2".
If there is enough room to write a message, I would likely not cover the QR code, that seems to be a fun feature on the card

1 Like

Thank you for the reply and your opinion! :+1: I am getting more excited about sending this card. I hope he likes it.