Curious San Francisco Primary School Students Seek Postcards From Around the World!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, Raffe! I prefer actual postcrossing assignments and to send cards to students to get them excited about postcards. :grinning: Alison

One from Jakarta is on the way :indonesia:

No problem. Thanks!

We will happily send your daughter a postcard from S.F.! :blush:

1 Like

Hooray, another teacher! Enjoy your last couple weeks of holiday! :sunglasses:

Thatā€™s a fascinating history that Iā€™m inspired to research myself! :sheep:

1 Like

Sweet ! Thank youšŸ’š

1 Like

A postcard will be sent from China! :relaxed::tada:

3 Likes

Oneā€™s coming your way from Scranton, Pennsylvania. :smile:

1 Like

Will send one from Canada If youā€™re still accepting :canada:

1 Like

Iā€™ll send a postcard from France. I would love to receive a postcard from your students as Iā€™m a teacher myself !

1 Like

Iā€™ll send 1 from Iowa

1 Like

Looks like you donā€™t have Singapore so I will send one! I think it is so important for kids to grow up with an international mindset and itā€™s easier nowadays than it has ever been! And postcards will make great impressions!

Whatā€™s the kidsā€™ age range? 2nd/3rd grade sounds very young to me but I never understood how other countries count their school years, other than the one I grew up in :joy:

Is this project ongoing or does it have a closing date? I might try to send something from places I go on holiday sometimes :blush:

1 Like

I will send a card from Wales :wales:. I love these school projects.

1 Like

I am happy to send you a postcard from South Korea :smile: :kr:

1 Like

Will do! Have a great school year! :smiley:

Thanks for asking! In the US, 2nd and 3rd grade students are 7 and 8 years old when they begin the year, but donā€™t let their age hold you back from sharing facts about your countryā€“they are so eager to learn about the world! This project is year-long, so feel free to send us more postcards if youā€™d like! :blush:

Also, donā€™t forget to add your address!

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who sent us postcards! This project continues all year, so I hope to send a photo update every other week. :smiley:

School starts on Tuesday, August 23rd, so we will be sending out reply postcards either this week or next week. They are coming!

Iā€™m very excited for our students to learn about Postcrossing and read your postcards. We appreciate you all! :two_hearts: :rainbow:

10 Likes

Thanks! I also googled it ahah. I think in some countries it goes backwards and starts from the highest grade? And I wondered if middle school meant older. Iā€™m confused about any school system than the one I left 20 years ago :crazy_face:

Anyway, I sent it and itā€™s full of facts. Might be a bit small written and dense for young kids but perhaps teachers can helpā€¦ No space for my address :rofl: itā€™s even rather long, Iā€™d need half a card just for that.

1 Like

Hello, I will be in third grade next week and my brother will start school on Saturday. We will write you a card from Leipzig and one from Saxon Switzerland.

We wish you a good start for tomorrow.

1 Like