Countdown To 71 Million Registered Postcards

399!

2 Likes

32 to go! :tada: (caught it just in time!)

3 Likes

12:33

3 Likes

10 Likes

Aaaaaaaand done! 71 million postcards! :tada: :tada: :tada: Congratulations everyone!

13 Likes

And here is the lucky postcard, registered at 12:32:48 UTC today:

12 Likes

By the way, the recipient of this postcard, Lyudmila, has repeatedly participated in our countdowns.

3 Likes

:blush:

7 Likes

So she has! How fantastic.

2 Likes

Let me remind you that we evaluate each prediction as the ratio of the error (between the fact and the prediction) to the distance from which the prediction was made. And we choose the best (smallest) value of all for each participant.

That is, it is good to make an accurate shot, but it is even better to make it from a longer distance.

I evaluate this ratio as an angular deviation, in degrees.

Thus we get the next The Most Talented Diviner Rate:

Participant of Countdown Smallest Angular Deviation Theta, (°)
@jabuka 0,09
@fiwipa 0,23
@greenskull 0,30
@xxxxyyyyzzzz 0,64
@Silpa 0,78
@Florallle 0,85
@VanCity95 1,17
@Hobbyhistoriker 1,70
@kissthebeehive 1,71
@_zahra_ 1,81
@Herbstsommerwind 2,60
@reiselustig 2,71
@Shalottslady 3,29
@nnniiina 3,51
@tesc 4,10
@GrauBunt 4,48
@jettyb 4,87
@thibcabe 5,41
@Stevyy 5,71
@Captain-Colin 5,92
@HM 6,48
@Bibiqueen 10,08
@WiscoFamily 10,11
@ShiNeko 11,34
@Bookworm72 12,43
@Jarana 13,46
@manuchka 14,56
@ChocCrossie 15,50
@Telopea 17,42
@danay4 18,54
@IrinaPiccolina 21,49

The prediction sheet for this countdown is available here. The name of the file is 71mioCountdown.pdf

My congrats to all participants!
I :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::gift_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart: Postcrossing!

14 Likes

Thank you for your effort @greenskull .
It was fun and very interesting!:smile:

3 Likes

Not really Talented, just Lucky!
Today’s my husband’s birthday and the time I just chose randomly :slight_smile:
Really enjoyed this, even with my limited Math skills!

4 Likes

For just one shot I am quite happy with the result :slight_smile: - thank you for keeping us updated and all your efforts in trying to get us understand the predictions etc. :grinning:

2 Likes

Until we have reached the Moment of Truth, everyone can refine their forecast as many times as they want. There is no limit.
I will choose the best (smallest) Error/Distance ratio for ranking at the end of the countdown.

By the way, if someone wants to, they can start a new 72 million Countdown :slight_smile: And we will again go through this exciting path together.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for all your posts, enlightenment, graphs. I really enjoy them.

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone! I enjoyed being part of the excitement.Thank you for all your work greenskull!

1 Like

It’s time for the next 72 mio Countdown :slight_smile:
Welcome!