šŸŽÆ Countdown to 63 million cards registered

YAY! We did it! Congratulations everyone! :tada: :tada: :tada:

3 Likes

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!! :champagne:

Watching this thread live was way more exciting than expected, even without a bet made or a postcard to register! :partying_face:

4 Likes

I actually got it on screen shot!

Hurray for all of us for the new million!

9 Likes

6 Likes

Happy 63 million everyone! :tada: :tada: :tada:
See you again at 64 million :grin:

3 Likes

So! Postcard number 63,000,000 was registered at 18/Aug/2021 07:12:45 UTC, and traveled from the US to Taiwan in 19 days:

Thereā€™s no photo yet, but weā€™ll poke the recipient and check if they can upload it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Well done to all our members for making this possible.

63 million postcards received on Postcrossing!!

:partying_face:

3 Likes

So, the most talented diviners in this countdown are:
@LyudmilaS 87,40
@thibcabe 16,65
@nnniiina 13,52
@manuchka 10,15
@greenskull 9,70
@Stevyy 6,61
@Florallle 4,64
@Jarana 4,62
@kasia_kiwi 4,52
@SAM__44 1,84
@pmunz 0,86

The Statement of calculations:

Congratulations to everyone!
And I ask @LyudmilaS please to send me in a personal message the address to which you would like to receive a prize card with a Magic Mandala :slight_smile:

And itā€™s time to launch the next 64 million countdown :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t it be great if we passed the 64 million mark onā€¦ World Postcard Day!

5 Likes

Oh, I will be very happy to receive your magic mandala! I am sure it will bring me luck! :blush:

Yes, that would be great!

Would be great, but not very realistic, as average for the mios are ~70 days the last years (65 for the recent one). But maybe postcrossing will become super-in in some circles the next weeks.

Not that I am in for the title/card, as the countdown itself is fun enough. Still itā€™s ā€˜strangeā€™ that a guess around 15k/1 day to go is more talented than a guess* around 990k/65days :upside_down_face:

*I know that itā€™s the adaptions during the journey that spoil my accuracy

1 Like

Vicki quite rightly noted above:

The cost of error rises as we get closer to the moment of truth.
I also sin with bets until the last moment.
But this is just a game.

The accounting methodology that I use to evaluate the most talented diviner is described in some detail here:
https://community.postcrossing.com/t/countdown-to-61-million-postcards-registered/56084/9

Iā€™ll change it then:

Wouldnā€™t it be great if the 64 millionth was a postcard sent on World Postcard Day.

3 Likes

Sent!
:hibiscus::pray::hibiscus:

1 Like

Congratz @LyudmilaS, happy to read you got another moment of fame today! :smiley:

2 Likes

That is a possibility, indeed

And the 63,000,000th card has been added to the Postcrossing Wikipediaā€™s Postcard Milestones table.

3 Likes

And when will we pass the 64 million milestone?