Cool Postmarks?

Here are some of the postmarks I have received over the years:

1. Tibet, China
  2. Hikkim, India. Highest Post Office in the World
    (here’s a video about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xrZqP1ngow)
  3. Supai, AZ. The last post office to use mules to deliver mails
  4. Lithuania
  5. Costa Rica
7 Likes

USA

DE

Got it today:

3 Likes

I like that USA Energy Awareness Month. It seems surprised to be travelling… :open_mouth: hahah! :laughing:

4 Likes

I just got a great one from a direct swap with @pjh52 It came from California although I think they are widespread in the US

1 Like

I love how the ornaments in the top right are almost perfectly aligned with the stamp.

1 Like

You must love my image :smile::

7 Likes

I like those:

bottom one: together against Corona - protect oneself and others

7 Likes

Hahaha! If they were mine I would display them like that on the fridge just for the fun of it. Always makes me chuckle. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

For the top left postmark from Hong Kong, it shows the “The Old General Post Office Building” that was demolished in 1976 :frowning_face: 29 post offices offer this pictorial postmark.

Here are the other 11 Pictorial Postmarks of different post offices:

16 Likes

Thanks for sharing this information. I looked up what the building looked like… it was beautiful! Such a shame it is gone. But I like that they saved that arch from the old building with the saying on it: “as cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country”. It’s a nice slogan for a post office.

2 Likes

Sadly, the current General Post Office (which displays the arch) will be demolished in a few years time, to make way for fancy office buildings…

News here

1 Like

One of two postmarks on a recent card from Sweden.
Postmuseum Stockholm wishes “God Jul” or Merry Christmas.

19 Likes

This is a postmark we can get using post boxes in or near the Korkeasaari zoo in Helsinki :bear:

18 Likes

In Austria the distance you should keep is that of one baby elefant

14 Likes

I was looking through my postcards and saw this one. Thought it was cute. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Ah, I also received one Thinking of You postmark on a postcard from OH and I got plenty of Energy Awareness postmarks (lmao).

I’m collecting the pictorial postmarks of Hong Kong, but so far I have only received one.

In my city, Suzhou, China, there are theoretically several pictorial postmarks but most of them have “disappeared” since the pandemic. Here’s one COVID-related postmark along with a multicolor meter stamp about Qixi Festival.

5 Likes

BTW, about the meter stamps, here’s another multicolor meter stamp that I have received from Gansu Province, China. China Post designed many multicolor meter stamps this year. The words one this one are “In Commemoration of the 40th National Stamp Popularity Poll”.

17 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan) 2021 Happy New Year special postmarks,
left: 2020-12-31 Year of Rat,
right: 2021-01-01 Year of Ox.

6 Likes

Israel Season’s Greetings/Christmas postmark from Nazareth & Jerusalem on 24/12/20Season Greetings Jerusalem Season Gretings Nazareth 2020

11 Likes