Compendium about postcard wishes

@schrizzo - I love all your tips but this one really spoke to me. Thank You :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

@Heartlover1717 - I’m obviously seeing a trend here about sending cards that I enjoy or that I would enjoy receiving :thinking:. Thanks so much for your tips & links :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Oh, wow! Great tip @S_Tuulia - I would have never thought about that. Thx :heavy_heart_exclamation:

But then also, thinking little more positive, new collectors appear too :slight_smile:
(I bought Greetings from Finland cards and thought I will send to the non collectors too, but they too often had it :laughing:)

2 Likes

oh i send my ‘special’ cards quite often to new people and/or people who don’t specifically ask for them. i mean, how else would people know what kind of cards they like?
sending out for example ts cards to people who don’t collect them is way less time consuming as well, as i don’t have to check lists or pages of received cards :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@halflingstory - Thank you for the information. Honestly, I don’t know what tags are so I’ll have to research that a bit & check out your link. Thx :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

No problem!! Feel free to send me a message if you can’t find the info you’re looking for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have 3 kinds—all standard size. One is a Texas postcard. One is a postcard I had made of one of my dogs. It’s cute. The other is a vintage type card with flowers and butterflies.
I am retired so buying tons of things is not an option for me.
I generally read the persons profile and choose one of the three based on that.
I also paint so I have blank postcard stick I can paint a special card for those who indicate they paint and would enjoy a homemade card—those I send in envelopes I make.

Don’t stress on buying all kinds of stuff. Just have fun.
If you’d like one of mine just pm your address and I’ll gladly send one. You can even choose.

8 Likes

@mchay - what great information & tips. I never even considered that people might want cards from specific webshops. Thanks for your perspective on that & all the other things you pointed out :heavy_heart_exclamation:

@catchycat - It seems like a lot of people struggled in the beginning & not just me :wink:

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback & experiences :heavy_heart_exclamation:

@jaenelle - What a great tip & reminder. Especially for newbies trying to navigate this new, fun hobby. Thank you :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

@amethyst53 - Nothing more true could be stated. Thank you for your input :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

@Johnk60 - Thank you for the rant :wink:

@cliffside - Thank you so much for all of your comments. I gleaned a lot from your wisdom & I’ll peek around for your store :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Oh, wow @mchay - You make a very good point :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Thank you @halflingstory - I’ll try to give it a go, first :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

@Equiss - Thank you for sharing … Sending you a PM :wink:

1 Like

I like to buy assorted cards, that way i have a bit of everything. I recently purchased this bundle and was very pleased with it.

1 Like

@anon95639744 - Thx so much for the tip & the link :exclamation:

1 Like

Good thread, many replies were helpful for me too. I as a newbie don’t really like how some people are so picky with what cards they like or dislike. It’s okay to write what cards you are interested in, but everyone is spending money on this hobby, for example if I only have a tourist card at hand, I’m not gonna buy a new one just because this person doesn’t like tourist cards. If you like to collect, that’s cool, but postcard prices vary greatly between the different countries, so you never know what kind of cards are accessible to the person on the other side.
Of course the rules say exacly this, but some people could phrase their profiles more nicely because otherwise I worry too much “am I gonna disappoint them if I don’t follow their wish”.

12 Likes