(CLOSED - reopened elsewhere) Inviting you all to participate in the 1st Annual Spring Handmade Postcard Exhibition!

All you artists, crafty people and those who occasionally dabble in creative postcarding – I issue a challenge to create and share your handiwork. :paintbrush: :scissors: :safety_pin: :sewing_needle: :yarn:

Monday March 20 is first day of Spring :tulip: :cherry_blossom: :four_leaf_clover: (aka the Spring Equinox) so I propose a display of cards made on the subject in any way you feel inspired. Spring, new growth, Sakura …

Rules:

1. Cards can be made using any medium – paint, drawings, collage, needlework, hammered metal, you name it.
  2. I will put up a new thread titled “Homemade Postcard Exhibition – Spring 2023!” starting on Sunday March 19.
  3. You guys reply to the thread with photos or scans of up to 5 homemade cards, consistent with our theme. Let each one be a separate entry and include any description you care to provide.
  4. For the week, Postcrossers can “heart” every card they really like.
  5. At the end of the week, I will choose the 3 most popular cards as 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Each of these winners will receive a card matching their preferences – and lots of likes from Postcrossers everywhere. Sorry - only one prize per person!
  6. At the end of the week I will save the top cards in a (virtual) gallery.

Let me know below if you are considering entering one or more of your creative efforts.

Until then, may you each enjoy a creative month!

36 Likes

I love the idea… but not sure yet if I will find the time to create anything :heart:

2 Likes

I love the idea, but 5 card is maybe to much.

1 Like

OooooOooooo… Sounds fun!!! I would love to see hammered metal cards!

3 Likes

That’s why I’m giving advance notice - hopefully it will give you time to do something - or find something you’ve already made and enter it into the exhibition!

1 Like

You don’t need to do 5 - you can do 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5!

1 Like

Do you think you could use this topic for the exhibition? Please just change the name and the first post of the topic as soon as it starts.

1 Like

This answers my question and turns my “maybe, I try to” into “yes, I’m happy to join in your exhibition”. :smiley:

1 Like

hello and thank you for amazing idea)
i’ll take part too)

1 Like

This sounds like a fun idea! I hope i can find some time and ideas to participate :smiley:

1 Like

I hope you can too!

Sounds fun! I might participate. :green_heart::sun_with_face:

1 Like

I’m entering 5 or 6 cards, I think. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohhh wowww, I would like to join too, I’m excited and I’ll ready from now :grin::grin:

1 Like

Now ain’t that the sweetest little project :slight_smile: I’ll try to find the time to draw a little something! :sunflower:

1 Like

I’ll try to make one! Great idea.

1 Like

Count me in!

1 Like

I will try!

1 Like

Count me in for at least one entry! Better get my paints and brushes out!

1 Like

This seems interesting :smile:
Let me consider joining !

1 Like