[CLOSED] Postcard path (4 sites): 350th anniversary of US postal delivery system 1 October - 29 October 2023

What a great idea!! Would love to do this for PA, NJ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @laidlaw - that’s so awesome!! Just wanted to let you know that Box 1 is not yet available in Rye NY :frowning: If you want the Rye card you are welcome to come to Harvard Forest, where I will be leading tours all day Saturday and Sunday! :wink:
Otherwise, I’m hopeful to have the Rye box out for the second half of October.

1 Like

This past weekend I hit 3 of the 4 stops on this fantastic postcard path meetup! I can’t tell you how much fun I had following the clues, searching for the hidden boxes, stamping the cards, and collecting awesome stamp goodies. The locations were terrific, the meetup cards were interesting and well-designed, and the stamp goodies were totally on point with each postcard theme! @CStar9 is a rockstar! Thank you @CStar9 for putting together such a creative, thoughtful adventure for us!

I encourage anyone in the area to try to get to at least one of the stops! Looking forward to hitting the Rye, NY location soon!

Some snapshots of the adventure:

7 Likes

@CStar9 wanted to check in on Box 1. Post says Oct 21 so wanted to double check before heading down there sometime this week!
Tracey

@alarica76 thank you so much for checking in - I am going to put it out this Friday so don’t look for it until then :wink:

1 Like

Is it going to stay out a little longer then or still end on 10/29?

@alarica76 it will stay out through Thanksgiving :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for extending the date! Planning on hitting the Rye location the weekend of November 4/5!

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together! Will all the boxes remain through Thanksgiving or just the one that wasn’t able to be placed due to flooding?

1 Like

@arcanist I admit I worry a bit that if I leave the rest of the October boxes out through Thanksgiving, they will be in greater danger of being found/discarded as the leaves disappear (since they’re hiding in bushes)… but if you’re planning to go for the whole series, I will leave them out - just let me know a date!

@CStar9 That makes a lot of sense, thank you for clarifying! No need to make adjustments on my account, I will be in the area of one of them later this week and might be able to participate in that way, if not then I’ll try to plan ahead for the future :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for setting up this postcard path, it’s such a cool idea!

1 Like

How fun!! And what a great dog!

2 Likes

I have gotten all but Rye now! This has been so fun. Thank you!

Plan to get Rye in mid Novemeber :slight_smile:

1 Like