CLOSED!.....Carnival lottery

Hi, welcome to my first lottery​:tada::tada:
I’ll give away 3 postcards of the Carnival at Castelnovo di Sotto (Italy) to three lucky winners.
What to do:
-Add a number # (check not to double or miss a number!)
-Add your username @

If you’d like, tell me if your town (in normal times) has Carnival at the streets.

This lottery will be closed next sunday. Postcards will be mailed written and stamped.

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

13 Likes

#1 @jewelldelis

Thank you for the lottery! We are a tiny town and do not have Carnival.

1 Like

#2 Marija12

We didn’t have carnevals.
Thank you for the lottery!

1 Like

#3 oiloncanvas
Thank you for lottery.
Yes, in my munbicipaly town: Loures.
The Loures Carnival is one of the largest carnivals in the region of Lisbon and in Portugal. [
Although Carnival has been celebrated in Loures with some dimension since the early years of the 20th century, 1934 is the official date for the commemoration of the Carnival of Loures.
The famous Baile Trapalhão, the Burial of the King of Carnival (the most traditional and satirical moment of Carnival in Loures), nightlife, among other activities during the 5 days of carnival are also part of this carnival program.
source: Wikipedia (original in Portuguese).

2 Likes

#4 @alemrl

Grazie!

1 Like

#5 @kirankp

1 Like

#6 wdd
We didn’t have carnevals.

1 Like

#7 Disa

No carnival, but we have this in August:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducasse_d%27Ath

Thank you for the lottery. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

#8 Lilou_Lavende

We have a carneval, but nothing conpared with other cities/ countries…

1 Like

#9 @PamUSAOhio

Thank you for the lottery! :smile:

1 Like

#10 @piperwashere
Thank you!

1 Like

#11 Aggeliki_Milaraki

1 Like

@12 @Mochi_momo

1 Like

#13 Opec

We have a carnival in my city of Charleroi, Belgium:

3 Likes

#14 @mazenfakih
Thanks for the lottery :smiley:

1 Like

#15 Bayrisches-Madl

Here in the UK, they don’t celebrate carnival, but I grew up in Germany, where carnival is called the fifth season. I loved the street carnoval and all the parties

Thank you for the lottery

1 Like

#16 lauraluk

Thanks for the lottery!

1 Like

#17 @Alyonushka-SPb
Thank you very much for your lottery!
In Saint Petersburg we had carnival in Birthday day of the city .

But it’s different much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

#18 @dotspostcard

Santo Antonio is the biggest party in Lisbon, in Portugal, and nowadays the parties last the whole month of June. During this month, the weather calls everybody to the streets of old-town Lisbon to be part of Festas de Lisboa.

There are grilled sardines, wine and music in every traditional neighbourhood, like Alfama, Mouraria, Graça, Bica and Madragoa. They are called arraial! You have to walk around and visit one of them! Try sardine on the bread, drink real sangria, smell a “manjerico”, an aromatic plant, and dance to the old Portuguese popular music!

The busiest night is the 12th of June, the whole Lisbon stops! There’s no traffic in the center of Lisbon, people from everywhere around come to the center and the party goes on until the morning next day! It’s like Carnaval in Brazil or like koninginnedag in The Netherlands! It’s an unique night in Lisbon!

Thank you so much for this wonderful lottery

2 Likes

#19 stefbot75

thank you for the lottery :grinning:

1 Like