City anniversaries on postcards and stamps

In 2020 Bergen City in Norway celebrated its 950 years anniversary. www.postkort.club Norwegian postcard club (with approx 400 members) participated in publishing 4 seasonal souvenir postcards, and a couple of us also designed a (postable) city stamp depicting the first image of a picturesque wooden town from year 1580 (also Hansa Stad for organised trading among Europeian countries connected by the North Sea with cargo ships). A photo competition was arranged among our citizens (approx 300 000). Participation was overwhelming, but only 4 winners got their photo-picture contribution on postcards with names, and this lot gives an impression of today`s Bergen in 4 different locations. There are still card sets available from a limited printing of 950 series. If interested best if you send PM, and we can discuss swap/trade according to guidelines.

Mayby some will orient themselves on Bergen in Norway? I can recommend: www.visitbergen.com

I wood very much like to hear about and see examples of world city/towns that celebrated themselves on postcards in postings under this topic. And it will be quite impressiv if this topic can live on in to the future with forthcoming events.

I enclose here the jubilee series from an old urbanization, official stamp, and our private stamp.

Best regards
TORSAM

13 Likes

Wow, what great ideas Tor! Good for you folks doing this. The images are beautiful. Thanks for sharing the ideas & images!

1 Like

The Swiss Post Office issued a stamp last year to celebrate 2000 years of the city of Solothurn. They also produced a maximum card, something they do not do very often.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing. This is called Maxi Postcard and is very popular collectors items in Europe. Still I wonder if there are many menbers of collector comunities present as Postcrossers? Kind Regards Torsam

Thank you, feedback is most welcome.

1 Like