Can we still sent cards/letters to Ukraine?

Thank you for sharing this idea. I just finished my emails and feel like I’ve done at least SOMETHING.

I did it too thanks to your idea. Just one has answered, but she is, by now, safe.

I will send to Ukraine but the issue is , will mail come to destination in war zone?
A month ago i send to someone in Russia , she thanks me for the card arrived a few day’s ago , in Russia she wrote to me it’s living in hell , she had friends in Ukraine and contact is Broken , it’s not easy to live there for the moment

6 Likes

Due to the sanctions imposed by the EU on Russia, mail cannot be sent from the Netherlands to Russia and Ukraine at this time. However, from Postcrossing I got an address from Russia today to send a card. What’s the best thing I can do?

Please see here:

Therefore: Just go ahead and mail it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

Maria, it is not objecting to send postcards, but with the sanctions can the postcards get through to Postcrossing people in Russia?
I have four postcards travelling to Russia, and one to Ukraine. None have been received?
Roger

I’d love to know myself.
Our internal post is working as usual. Can’t say anything about international - I sent my cards in February, it’s too early to say.

You should trust your postal operator, as Royal Mail is usually super prompt at updating their suspensions page (often daily). If they state they are able to send mail to a country, we don’t have a reason to doubt them.

1 Like

Thank you. I checked with Royal Mail and as of 28th February mail was still going to Russia :ru:. I hope my cards are received soon.

1 Like

I have one postcard travelling to the Ukraine right now. I only recently joined postcrossing, but i too have sent messages to the 2 i had recived from their. The one currently on the their, the user was last seen 17 days now. Im gutted, i would love to see it change!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: :postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Latest from USPS re: sending mail to Russia, Belarus, Ukraine:

Your words are wonderful. Amen. Yes, both Russian people and Ukrainian people, at least 99% on both sides, I guess, never wanted the war (or whatever people are allowed to call it). And any statement like yours may heal the wounds. I pray for peace and friendship again between people. Hug from Germany.

1 Like

Hi, your postcards are likely to come, especially if the city is not a hot spot. I don’t know how in other cities, but postmen don’t work in Kyiv. That’s why the postcards will be on the department. It’s just that the mail is doing a little different things now, I think you understand. If you sent a postcard to Ukraine, I advise you to write to the recipient and keep in touch with him. Maybe it’s better to enter the code right away, and then when it’s over, send a postcard. Greetings from Ukraine🇺🇦

2 Likes

Nice way to tell somebody you think about him…

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/please-help/315616

Oh! One more thing! I think you understand that many Ukrainians have changed their location. Someone is not in their city now, someone is in another country at all, and someone is at home. This is another reason to write to your recipient! :white_heart::ukraine:

1 Like

The first of the postcards that I sent to Russia after the war started has arrived (I got it in the post on 26 February). This is encouraging. Only 20 days from when I got the address till being registered.

3 Likes

Send it , common People are also victim of the war , most of Russian People aren’t happy with the war

1 Like

I am concerned about the people in Ukraine and support the many actions in our country for the residents and refugees of that country.
Postcrossing is to bring people together to promote tolerance and respect for people around the world. I have sent many postcards to Russia and Ukraine and I think many postcards were sent from Russia to Ukraine - and vice versa. But what about now?
What do I write to the postcrossers from Russia?
Do the postcards arrive at all?
What are your experiences and opinions?
Anxiously I regularly look into the accounts of the last addressees from Ukraine and breathe a sigh of relief when I see that they have been back online…
Best wishes to all and especially important in these times: Peace all over the world!
Berlin-Ute

4 Likes