Can we still sent cards/letters to Ukraine?

I think some of us might have been “out of topic”. The condition may be related to political issues but I think that’s not in the realm of postcrossing to discuss.

What’s related to the Postcrossing is whether there will strong mail disruption to and from Ukraine. And for this I think someone from Ukraine can give better insight and perhaps need to wait official information from Ukrainian post

We should keep it civilize by not arguing and seem to use political arguments regarding the issue ~ it’s stressful to read :sob:

I hope the situation there will be better for everyone :dove:

27 Likes

I don’t think you really want to hear my opinion. And I’m sure that nobody here knows all the truth - every media source, ours and yours, is pumping us with lies.

42 Likes

It’s sad to read suggestions about blocking Russian postcrossers, but even sadder is that perhaps the citizens of Ukraine will be deprived of the opportunity to exchange postcards for some time due to the political situation. I have relatives and friends in Ukraine, my mother was Ukrainian, and I also really want no one to get hurt and Postcrossing to continue.

90 Likes

For those that are curious, and want to reach out to Ukrposhta, I suggest the use of the following.

https://www.twitter.com/ukrposhta

Phone: 0 800 300 545)

(mailto:ukrposhta@ukrposhta.ua)

22, Khreshchatyk Str., Kyiv, 01001.
Contact telephone number: (044) 323 21 14) and tel:(044) 323 27 81

Email: pr@ukrposhta.ua
pr.ukrposhta@gmail.com

3 Likes

I suggest we leave it to Postcrossing to reach out to them, no need to flood them with inquires only the team can do something about anyway.

12 Likes

Our thoughts are with everyone who is currently confronted with this. It makes me very sad. I hope that we can continue to send love, respect and humanity via postcrossing.

20 Likes

New article from Ukrposhta. Its in Ukranian. Use Google translate.

17 Likes

There are many outlets online where people can discuss their opinions on international politics. This isn’t one of them.

21 Likes

Japan post stopped collecting air mails to Ukraine in the early time this week.
Now Postcrossors in Japan will not get an address from Ukraine.

5 Likes

Of course they shouldn’t be banned, but wouldn’t the problem be whether the cards actually arrive now that airports are closed? I have three addresses at the moment, but I think I’ll send the cards at a later date…

4 Likes

There were so many posts flagged in this topic that the forum software did its job and temporarily closed the conversation, even though the mods weren’t around. I’ve reopened the topic now, but would like to remind everyone that if you see members posting content that is inappropriate, don’t engage or reply to it — just flag it, and move on. It prevents things from escalating, making conversations better, and helping everyone.

We don’t know what is going to happen, but things are not looking great right now, and it’s heartbreaking. :disappointed: We’re going to continue monitoring the situation, and will update the Postal Monitor accordingly.

Just to be clear: political topics are not forbidden in Postcrossing, and this can be a good platform to exchange different points of view or hearing directly from people closer to the issues. But, as with any sensitive topic, the discussion needs to be conducted in a friendly and respectful manner, while being aware that there are others who might not share your perspective. Note, however, that this topic is about whether or not mail can be sent to Ukraine, so it’s not the best place to discuss the situation itself — the #everything-else:other section would be a better place for it.

82 Likes

“Can we still sent cards/letters to Ukraine?”

…from Japan, as @Ryuuen said already, now only seamails are available.

But on the other hand, today my postcard was delivered to my mailbox with a note “cannot deliver.”
I sent that to Ukraine on Feb5 as an airmail.
It was available at that time.
It had Japan Post’s postmark of Feb5, it means my postcard had stopped in Japan for 20days.

I suppose similar things can be happened to other mails, in other countries, though the postal monior says “available” now.
So, I recommend you if you have a plan/promise to send a mail to Ukraine, you should talk to your recipient what is the best way now.

2 Likes

Last month (or this month), Japan Post stopped the surface mail to Russia. But they stated at the meantime that they would use the remained transport capacity to deliver the already accepted mails to Russia.

However, as for Ukraine this time, Japan Post did not state about the remained transport capacity. I think this means all the accepted air mails to Ukraine will be returned to the sender.

I have an air mail to Ukraine 17 days ago, and I did not write my address on that postcard. Maybe my card will not arrive at the destination.

4 Likes

From NL, no. Since today.

2 Likes

If you have a source for that information, please post it on the :postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts topic, so that it can be quickly incorporated into the Postal Monitor.

4 Likes

I think we have to continue as normal until such point as we are advised not to having been in war with the UK military a card or letter always brought a smile to my face when it arrived. We were lucky we had the BFPO to deliver the mail. However the Ukrainan postal service may have some delays. Just remember those who receive postcards and letters when times are tough will bring happiness to them even for a moment during the dark times so, if you receive an address for ukraine remember your bringing a smile to a face which going trough hard times that many of us will never know or fully understand
Sending all my love and wishes of saftey to all in Ukraine and also Russia who’s families serve in their military and just doing their job

25 Likes

the mail road must have been broken

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ukraine and Russia

As of yesterday, the mail route from China to Ukraine was open

https://weibo.com/3928511449/LgXtMlcbz?refer_flag=1001030103_

P.S. : This is not an official announcement from China Post so I’m not 100% sure.

3 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ukraine and Russia