British Isles Tags - Thank You Thread

@CountryWoman Thank you for the Canterbury Tales card for the I Spy Tag :mag_right: A great book-themed stamp too!

1 Like

Thank you Wendy @moonraker_girl for the great York postcard from the BI Word Chain Tag, a great reminder of our wedding anniversary trip :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and the perfect stamp choice too!

I hope you have a great time Visiting Harrogate & attending the York meet up x

2 Likes

Thank you @mwntimperial for re-sending this colourful card for the BI tag - i haven’t heard of Busy Town books but appreciate the cheerful card and summery stickers, plus Alice in Wonderland stamp!

And for the I Spy tag, thank you @MartynHst43277 for this lovely card of St Ives - somewhere I’ve been many times so your card made me smile! I agree it can be very crowded in the summer! And yes, England will need to improve a lot before paying Switzerland at the weekend! Great Queen Mother stamps!

2 Likes

Christmas & cats !!! Purrrrrfect
Thank you @jobloggs

2 Likes

@Yorkshire_Lad Andi!! Simply love it !! Thank you for being so thoughtful

3 Likes

A smasher from Rhiannon @jobloggs after I spied a vintage advert on the I Spy tag! She finds Tain travel very romantic compared to aeroplanes, and her longest trip was Nottingham- Marrakesh! I’m very envious! I love long distance train journeys too!

4 Likes

Thank you @MartynHst43277 for the very cute bunny postcard for the BI Tag, I love that this is how you imagine me :joy: you are obviously correct! (Although I’m blonde :woman:t3:)

I hope you enjoyed your days off work & that the sun has returned to your part of the country, we finally have some again today :sunny: x

2 Likes

@mwntimperial another perfect postcard for me !
Thank you so much

2 Likes

Thank you @JoF for this lovely card from the BI chain reverse tag. I loved the stamp as well

2 Likes

I’m away from my stash of postcards at the moment, but I’m pretty certain that I alas don’t have a Lambretta or Vespa for @Yorkshire_Lad . Is anyone able to step in with a postcard for Andi, please?

2 Likes

Thank you @MartynHst43277 for this very lovely and touching card for the BI Tag.

I tend to agree with you re the GE, Martyn!

3 Likes

@mwntimperial Thankyou so much for Just the sort of image I love :heart:
My garden is growing weeds like mad in all this cool damp weather ! I’m feeling quite cold today

3 Likes

I spied a market, so Elisabeth @mwntimperial sent me this splendid card of a porter at Billingsgate fish market! Weren’t they renowned proverbially for their swearing? In any case Elisabeth isn’t sure she fancies the fish after it’s been on his hat!

Thank you so much, Elisabeth!

4 Likes

Very true @CEBooth :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Thanks @tesc and @Sandhurst
Love them both :slight_smile: and awesome commerative stamps

5 Likes

A long belated thank you to @mwntimperial, @jobloggs and @EmmaG for your lovely new baby cards! This was so kind of you :white_heart: it took me sooo long to acknowledge them, but hopefully you’ll understand why! :hatching_chick:

8 Likes

Many thanks to Martyn @MartynHst43277 for this cracker of Leith Hill Tower near Dorking, for the BI Tag. Thank you so much!

And very many thanks to Chris @chrisbonham11 for my prize for his BI Chain Lottery- four rare cards of HM Charles III. It’s always worth a punt, folks! The prizes are great and you’ve a decent chance of winning something good!

6 Likes

I’m behind in thanks, from the BI reverse chain tag. So - thanks @CountryWoman for the osprey and woodpecker. And received today, @jobloggs for the little owl…
All amazing pictures on the postcards, fabulous photography. Love them all.

5 Likes

Thanks to @jobloggs for this lovely card and her reason for why it’s her favourite place, many thanks Rhiannon.
This is from the I Spy Tag…

5 Likes

Thank you @moonraker_girl for the fab Alice in Wonderland card with Alice stamp that arrived today for the word chain tag! I know from a recent visit that Charles Dodgson AKA Lewis Carroll had links with Oxford but I didn’t know until i read your card that Oxford has an annual Alice day - I’m going straight to Google what this involves! :blue_heart: See you Sunday in York! :steam_locomotive:

5 Likes