British Isles Tags - Thank You Thread

Probably not lol :joy: sorry

1 Like

@MartynHst43277 thank you for the lovely Christmas postbox postcard. I hope you have a restful 2 days off! :christmas_tree:

5 Likes

two thank yous for me today.

Thank you @jobloggs for your Springer Spaniel card which is the spitting image of George! Even my mum was shocked when she saw it lol.

And thank you @eri9 for your Romeo and Juliet card. The Dark is Rising is one of my favourite book series!! I loved quiet Will. Didn’t they try to make an American series out of it, called the Seekers or something?

6 Likes

They made an awful film of it about 15 years ago (The Seeker) which really missed the mark on the magic and loveliness of the book. I live in hope that we will get a tv series of it some day. BBC sounds version is worth a listen though I think.

Thank you Charles @CEBooth for this lovely Royal Family at Balmoral card, I love it, thank you, a really nice addition to my collection :blush:

Merry Christmas & best wishes for the New Year
Emma x

6 Likes

And thank you Imogen @MoominMog for the super cute Christmas postcard & adorable stickers, especially the very sweet teddy bear with shopping bags :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

it’s going to look fab on my Christmas display - I’ve set up little ‘washing lines’ using festive twine & have attached all my seasonal postcards using mini pegs, it’s really cheered up the bedroom fire surround & mirror.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family :christmas_tree: x

3 Likes

Thank you @MartynHst43277 for this lovely colourful cat card - i wish my back garden looked like this :joy: I agree Postcrossing is amazing, i absolutely love it!

4 Likes

Thank you, Jon (@sandhurst) for your wonderful portrait of Beatrix Potter at the 1935 Keswick show, with the attractive QEII stamp and the pretty decorations and lovely message.

It’s a great card! wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous 2024!

Fondest regards

Charles

5 Likes

Thank you:

@EmmaG for the brilliant cat themed Christmas card, I’ve also been enjoying sending Christmas cards on the worldwide tag and have had a brilliant selection starting to come through over the last few days!

2 Likes

A festive thank you to @BriJN for this super cute Christmas PHQ card, I wonder what Samantha Brown, now age 47 presumably, feels about her Santa painting still bringing joy to postcrossers all across the world!

Lovely selection of stamps too, thank you :smiling_face:

I hope you enjoy your well earned break, Merry Christmas & best wishes for the New Year,

EmmaG x

3 Likes

Thank you @MartynHst43277 for the Queen Elizabeth II postcard you chose for me, it will make a lovely addition to my collection. Love the matching Queen stamp & cute stickers too, thank you :blush:

Yes, it’s strange getting used to the change isn’t it, the King’s Speech, new stamps & coins, people saying The Queen but meaning Camilla… I’ve almost got the hang of the national anthem now, I couldn’t bring myself to sing it last year :cry: and I still have to stop myself calling him Prince Charles! Lol

Hope you have a lovely Christmas, best wishes for the New Year,

EmmaG x

4 Likes

@EmmaG

Thank you thank you thank you so much !!!

I love it !!! :heart_eyes_cat: you know me so well

Thanks for 2023 on postcrossing!

Hope you have a lovely Christmas & new year !

4 Likes

Ha ha, I thought you’d like it!
Happy Christmas :christmas_tree: x

2 Likes

Thank you @EmmaG for this very fun Christmas postcard! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @xxxxyyyyzzzz !!!

I absolutely love it !!!

Have a lovely Christmas

Martyn

3 Likes

Thanks so much @Maddymail for this gorgeous festive card of the Christmas tree in the Great Hall at Hogwarts! I love the Luna and Neville stamp, too! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too and a very happy new year with many more postcards! :hugs:

5 Likes

Well we’ve all been saying how bad the post is but today i received a card from @MartynHst43277 that was posted 2nd class just yesterday! :astonished:

Thanks Martyn for this gorgeous cat chilling in the sunshine! :heart_eyes_cat: I hope you have a fabulous Christmas and New Year! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thank you @Natea for the great card and more of your lovely origami! I love the Christmassy washi. I hope you have a great Christmas and fluffy little Mabel isn’t too much of a terror!

4 Likes

Just to confirm is this a Round Robin postcard for Group #161 from @claireandivy and not a Tag card?
Just so I can update the RR.

Thanks, M

1 Like

Season’s greetings to all you British Isles Taggers! Thank you for keeping the British Isles Tag so active over the past six months since I took on “hosting”. Here’s to a Tag-filled 2024! :santa: :postbox:

5 Likes