British Isles Tags - Thank You Thread

I’ve received 2 lovely BI tag cards today!

Thank you @EmmaG for this great card from The Deep with matching stamp! It’s so lovely that you and your husband had your first date there and a return visit for your anniversary - meeting penguins and feeding sharks sounds amazing (the latter a bit scary too!)

Thank you also @JamCrackers for this serene card from the Bodleian Library in Oxford - we’re going here for the first time on Saturday, glad to know they sell postcards! :wink: No I’m afraid i haven’t read any Tolkien books! Love the Roald Dahl stamp (more my level of reading :laughing: )

3 Likes

I too received a card from @MartynHst43277 to signal the end of the 75p second class mail, the card is very apt for the weather that we’ve been having.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thankyou @geo_ Georgia for the pretty hummingbird. I was fortunate to see them In the wild in Tobago a few years ago…my they are stunning.
Blossom :cherry_blossom: here seems to be holding up to the wind and rain

4 Likes

Hope you enjoy it @jobloggs ! I was absolutely love it and I’m hoping to go back this summer got the first time in several years.

1 Like

A massive thank you to @chrisbonham11 for this info-postcard showing the circumstances under which the Mary Rose came to sink, plus highly appropriate stamp - great combination!

I’m glad you enjoyed your visit to see the remains of the ship. I went once many years ago and would love to go back and see how it looks now. Thank you very much!

3 Likes

From @geo_ this beautiful “Great Britain” map card with Brian Bilston’s “On Searching for a Book of Stamps” written on the reverse in longhand.

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Thank you @tesc for this very appropriate postcard of the Gatwick Express from 40 years ago! I do rather like trains and train travel. As I don’t have a car, trains are my go to for long distance trips and short hops around the local area. I’ve used a more modern iteration of the Gatwick Express a couple of times in the past.

3 Likes

Lots of thank yous from me!

Firstly a wonderful surprise card from @MartynHst43277 :tada: thank you so much for thinking of me! It’s cool to have a card that states the last postcard at 75p rate! I love the cat stamp you used too :black_cat: Let’s hope the spring sunshine chases the rain away :sunny:

Thank you @MoominMog for the maxicard! I’ve not seen the Stevenage postmark before! I love the spring themed decorations on the back :bouquet:

@katiemmj Thank you for the lovely Spring maxicard :blossom: I’m loving the lighter evenings. After work today I went for a walk around the local lakes and fed the swans, geese and ducks :swan:🪿:duck:

Tracy, thank you for the awesome eclipse card :star_struck: @tesc I was looking just the other day to when the next eclipse is in the UK (2025, partial) and how far I’d have to travel to see the next total eclipse (2026, parts of Europe).

@chrisbonham11 thank you for another cool space card. Orion’s belt is one of the constellations I always keep an eye out for in the night sky :sparkles: Plus a cool Maz Kanata stamp!

Thank you @jobloggs for the Cornwall travel poster. I love it :smiley: and the Postcrossing washi! I have been to Cornwall. I have fond memories of visiting Looe on a gorgeously sunny day, it was so warm! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Thanks to @mwntimperial for this amazing meet up card!!! Love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Don’t think I’d seen such a cute card before now a cat & a postbox together !! My favourites!
Thank you so much @EmmaG

3 Likes

@geo_ Thank you for my Galaxy post card! I love the on-theme stickers and super-cute washi tape with the astronaut cats! Where did you get it?

The floating market sounds like fun to stumble across, I hope there was lots of interesting things to look at!

2 Likes

@JamCrackers I got the washi tape from Etsy! :cat2::milky_way::rocket:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @tesc for the Ripon Hornblower! (Great stamps too!) :trumpet:

2 Likes

Goodness Andi!
I received your vintage spoiling today, thank you so very much. I loved the old card of York & your own stamp cancellation is wonderful.
I love York…especially the wall walk.

@Yorkshire_Lad

3 Likes

Received a view card from Filey on the East Coast from @simmo11 who’s been having a short break away.

Regards Andi

2 Likes

From @MartynHst43277 this wonderful card of The Midland Pullman (doesn’t say whether it’s 43046 or 43055). I’ve never had the privilege of travelling on it but observed it from a distance once whilst on the Settle - Carlisle. I agree there’s nothing quite like a Class 43. I remember the roar of them behind my Grandparents house in Sheffield as a child…

5 Likes

A funny card from @simmo11 in the tradì on of the great British seaside holiday postcard! I think these sorts of cards are terrific. Simmo says the card was bought on holiday in Bridlington recently. Just the job!

Thank you very much!

Charles

4 Likes

@EmmaEirene oh what a beautiful find :heart_eyes: :heart: :sparkles: :two_hearts:
Thankyou so much for thinking of me !

4 Likes

As soon as I found it I knew who I should send it to @tesc :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thank you your card & sharing your experience of the eclipse in ‘99
I loved the lighthouse stamp too :postcard:

3 Likes

Thank you Andi @Yorkshire_Lad for another thoughtfully chosen envelope full of happy mail, you’re so kind! :blush: I love every item, especially the lucky sixpence, I actually had one from the year my husband was born in my shoe on our wedding day (“something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, a silver sixpence in your shoe.") but that one is safely packed away with all wedding things, so it’s really nice to have a new one to bring me some good luck :four_leaf_clover: Fingers crossed you’re able to attend the meet up, I really enjoyed my visit to the NRM, many years ago now x

4 Likes