British Isles Tags - Thank You Thread

All this tagging we’ve been doing is certainly keeping my postman busy and me very happy!

Thank you @geo_ for the idyllic Winnie the Pooh card. I agree, I like the books better as an adult than I did when I was little and my favourite poem is Buckingham Palace, too, because it was one my mother used to recite to me and I’d join in. Thank you for the Thomas stamp, too - Percy is my favourite engine!

@BriJN has managed to combine spring colours with coffee which is timely and very welcome! And there’s a charming Jeremy Fisher stamp - he looks like he’s launching himself at the mugs of coffee which is a great idea. I think I’ll have to look into the Rebel Badge book again, soon. Thank you!

@jobloggs Thank you for this beautiful vintage postcard of Rose Cottage, Clovelly. I haven’t been there but from the number of postcards I’ve spotted here and there I imagine I must be missing out - it seems to be understandably very popular. I really must try to get there to ‘sea’ for myself. Thank you for the recommendation! The stamp is a great match, too.

Thank you all so much!
Elisabeth

6 Likes

@EmmaEirene you’ve made my day!!! I got a letter saying my rent is going up :face_holding_back_tears: then I opened an envelope from you, I knew it was going to be good but it’s amazing my favourite subject, post boxes but the colour blue!! I love it thank you so so much. This tag is amazing guys!!

8 Likes

Blimey, that arrived quickly @MartynHst43277 ! Sorry about your rubbish week, but glad the card helped. It was given to me alongside the First Day Cover, I didn’t need to keep both :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks again so kind

A great Easter card from @mwntimperial
It is funny how the parents are still chicks :laughing:
Have a lovely weekend !

2 Likes

A lovely Jackie Morris card from Imogen (@MoominMog). Jackie is a lovely person and a postcrosser and I think her art is wonderful, so thank you very much!

Imogen is thinking of the Great North Swim in Windermere this year so good luck with that! Much respect!

Charles

3 Likes

Thank you to Emma @EmmaEirene for the great Somerset card with special Gloucester Cathedral handstamp and the very cute Easter card :rabbit::rabbit: (i love the very special Easter egg tape & flower sticker)

We went to Somerset for the first time for my birthday last month & visited Wells Cathedral for an amazing Crown & Coronation light show, we also visited Gloucester Cathedral some years back for our Wedding Anniversary, so this is a lovely reminder of our trips, thank you :smiling_face:

I hope you enjoyed your weekend away & Happy Easter to you too! :hatching_chick: x

1 Like

Thank you to Elisabeth @mwntimperial for the very lovely Easter card, (I was so hoping to get some) the bunnies are the perfect choice for me :heart_eyes: great stamp & adorable bunny sticker too, thank you!

The bunnies say thank you for their birthday wishes, they’re very excited about their big day! And yes, there will be cake…

They have the same one every year, so here it is from a few years ago. It’s coated in carrot & coconut & filled with hay & dried flowers, they love it.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend x

4 Likes

Thank you Claire @Natea for this beautiful card of Mount Fuji. Thank you also for the cute stamp, special hand cancellation & very clever (and pretty) paper folded message. I love it :heart_eyes_cat:

I hope you have some time off over the weekend to enjoy Easter :hatching_chick: x

3 Likes

2 lovely cards received today! :heart:

Thank you @EmmaEirene for this great multiview from Cheddar Gorge and local postmark! We visited Cheddar last November and really liked it, much cheese was bought!! :grin: Also found many postcards there but not this one! We visited Weston Super Mare and it rained all day so i can sympathise with your chilly beach trip! Your ink stamp looks fab, it’s so clear considering its size!

Thank you @MartynHst43277 for this beautiful cat :smile_cat: I agree that the British Isles forum is a great way to keep sending cards at more affordable prices and yes everyone here is so lovely and makes such a effort to send great cards! :heart:

4 Likes

Two cards for me today with rather similar layouts!

This card from @EmmaEirene of Somerset scenes made me so jealous, especially when I heard Emma’s sister lives there so she can often have a break there! I wish I had a sister! :joy: So many wonderful places to visit there and in fact I had a couple of days there last summer (in the rain!) so the rays of Somerset sun were a very welcome reminder of the trip - thank you, Emma!
Also, wonderful stamps and postmarks!

And thank you @jobloggs for the aspects of another part of the west! I had very happy times in Tenby and Saundersfoot as a child. And yes, I have been to Aberystwyth but not for a long time - the first when I was quite young and the second time was just to a pub on the outskirts - so I also feel like a visit would be good. I would like to visit the National Library of Wales there, too! I also would love to visit the other towns shown. Thanks for the array of stamps and Welsh-themed stickers, too.

The tourist industry and RM should go into an advertising partnership - all the amazing places I am seeing on cards really does make me wish I was there!

6 Likes

You are very welcome, and they are incredible photos.
In the post today I also received your wonderful surprise. The wonderful Tudor FDC of Henry and his wives, an Easter card and a lovely bookmark!
Thank you so much much xx

4 Likes

Thank you @jobloggs for my wonderful vintage card & stamps. I loved the dog sticker too x

3 Likes

Thank you to @mwntimperial for the lovely easter postcard :hatching_chick: :chocolate_bar: with the Viking Sword postage stamp, nice to meet another member of ‘The Handwritten Letter Appreciation Society’ love the rubber ink handstamp, I must get one, must write off to Dinah, so I can order one from the English Stamp Company.
Your most welcome for the Round Robins, keep an eye out for some new groups.
I might see you Saturday at the Postcrossing Meetup, if not have a great Easter weekend :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you @jobloggs Rhiannon for this wonderful trio of cards!

Thank you for the super cute Easter Bunny card, with a fab collection of stamps & the cutest bunny washi tape, it’s a great addition to my Easter bunting/postcard display.

Thank you also for the amazing King Charles III card and wonderful royal couple stamps, I love it :heart_eyes: I was so excited to see him drop through the letterbox!

And finally, thank you so so much to you & Luna for Munchie & Chester’s Happy Birthday postcard, (so thoughtful of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) they’ve never received their own postcard before & they were over the bunny moon! I expect they’ll give it a little chew later :rabbit::rabbit: lol.

Here they are enjoying last year’s birthday cake & cardboard box mansion we made them x

(full disclosure, King Charles III was for the Royalty Tag not the BI Tag, but I thought I’d share him here anyway)

5 Likes

Yes, I’ll be there tomorrow. I’ve never met another member of THWLAS before! See you then.

This is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing the pictures, Emma. Hoppy Birthday Munchie and Chester!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: x

Thank you @mwntimperial for my rainbow Easter chick parade card, and on-theme stickers. I think I need to search for some Easter cards for next year :sweat_smile:

I moved to Wales only at the beginning of this month, at the moment it’s mostly been unpacking boxes and moving things from room to room… Which is not really the full “living in Wales” experience, Ask me again how I like it in a few more months :stuck_out_tongue:
But, I have visited Wales multiple times before for short breaks, it’s a gorgeous country! I love the Brecon beacons, would really like to visit again this year.
I went to Abergavenny yesterday on a quest to find a new place with old postcards to rifle through, but didn’t have much luck. The weather was awful whilst I was there, so couldn’t really appreciate some of the older buildings, unless I wanted to get soaked!

I’m really impressed by how much you managed to write on a postcard, I need to up my game (and also get a username stamps, love the mushrooms!)

5 Likes

@Yorkshire_Lad Andi, thank you so much for the envelope with wonderful postcards and stickers, you’ve really gone above and beyond the tag requirements! I also like seeing postboxes from all over the world; Mog Cherie has a wonderful collection of postcards and washi tape with postboxes on them :postbox:

@MartynHst43277 Thank you for the gorgeous cat & teddy card Martyn! I especially love the stamps you’ve chosen, the one with the eggs comes from one of my favourite stamp issues of Swans at Abbotsbury Swannery. I hope you’re enjoying the Easter weekend.

@mwntimperial Elisabeth, thank you for the beautifully illustrated map card of London. I love all the National Trust map cards! Where you live sounds like the perfect balance of city & countryside. Are you attending the Postcrossing meetup in London today? :postbox:

@Eri9 Thank you Jill for a fantastic map card of Newcastle. I’ve never been to Newcastle! The List of Suspicious Things sounds good, it’s very highly rated! I’m currently listening to ‘The Goodbye Cat’ audiobook which is a nice listen so far.

@jobloggs Thank you Rhiannon for the gorgeous cat card! I also love your ink stamp :cat: It would be great if there was an option on Postcrossing to send to/within your own country only as I agree, international postage is getting too expensive but I still want to send cards! :sweat_smile: I understand why there isn’t though as postcrossing is about connecting with people across the world :earth_africa:

8 Likes