Bordentown, New Jersey Meet-up, 29 April 2023 -- COMPLETELY BOOKED

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Bordentown, New Jersey is located just south of Trenton New Jersey.
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Bordentown Library - Program Room, 18 E Union Street, Bordentown, New Jersey
:calendar: DATE: 29 April 2023, Saturday
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1pm to 3:30pm, Eastern Standard Time
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

What to expect at this meet-up ----
*****Receive a “goody” bag with a few copies of the meet-up card and other cool items.
*****Sign/stamp meet-up postcards - Bring a stamper to sign the cards or your favorite pen!
*****Socialize with other Postcrossing members.
*****Participate in the Treasure/Trash swap table - bring your “trash” postcards to swap for new “treasures.”
*****Do Selfies at 2 Postcard “Selfie” stations.
*****Play Trivia games.
*****Possibly be a Door Prize Winner.
*****Enjoy Refreshments – Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water will be provided. (Kindly request a snack contribution to share with others.)

The Meet-up card is the Clara Barton School House which is a short walk from the Bordentown Library. (Note: there may be minor adjustments to the final design.) Clara Barton taught in Bordentown, New Jersey prior to her establishing the American Red Cross.

Each attendee will receive a few meet-up cards in their “goody” bag. Additional cards can be purchased for .20 each. Advance payment can be through PayPal or Venmo. Day of Meet-up payments will be exact amount Cash only. Do PM me if you wish to purchase cards, how many you want and your payment method.

Bordentown NJ is located approximately 6 miles south of Trenton NJ. Bordentown is accessible from the NJ Turnpike, Rt 295, Rt 130, and Rt 206. If traveling by train, you can disembark at Hamilton NJ or Trenton Transit Center, NJ. The Bordentown Library is approximately 12 miles from the Hamilton Station and approximately 8 miles from the Trenton Transit Center. The Trenton Transit Center is the start point of the NJ Riverline (light rail). Using the Riverline, Bordentown will be the 3rd stop from Trenton (11 minute ride). The Library is located approximately .8 mile from the Bordentown Riverline station.

The Bordentown Library is in the residential part of an historical area. Parking is available in the Library parking lot behind the building. The parking lot is just past the tree - left hand side of the library photo. There is free street (parallel) parking. Strictly adhere to the posted speed limit signs and parking signs in Bordentown. A speeding ticket or parking ticket is not the souvenir you want of the area.

Bordentown NJ has US history dating from the 1600s, unique shops and fantastic restaurants. (Restaurant reservations are highly recommended). For more information regarding the area, do check out these websites -

Downtown Bordentown Association, Inc.
http://downtownbordentown.com

Bordentown Historic Society
https://bordentownhistory.org

14 Likes

The 1st Meet-up (held on 8 October 2022) at the Bordentown Library was very successful. A great time was had by all. Come join the fun at this 2nd Meet-up. I look forward to seeing familiar faces again and meeting new friends. Always – Barbara (BPLUM)

9 Likes

Looking forward to this meet up as well :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing you again.

1 Like

How wonderful!! You are quite the planner and I can’t wait :hugs:

1 Like

Would you believe I began planning a 2023 meet-up right before the October 2022 meet-up? It’s true. See you in the Spring.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t miss it! You did a wonderful job hosting your first Meet-up, and I’m really looking forward to the next one! :heart_eyes:
Linda

1 Like

See you in April!

2 Likes

This sounds wonderful. I hope that I can make this one!

1 Like

Hi! Is someone interested in swap? I can offer some meet- up cards from St.Petersburg or anything from my swap- album Anmelden | VK
Thanks!

1 Like

I can swap with you. PM your address and I’ll send you mine. Let me know if you want with or without signatures. Note, expect the card to reach you in early May.
Barbara

I hope you can!

Hello Soja,

I am interested to swap a meet up postcard from ST Petersburg
I offer you a meet up postcard from Amsterdam 22 0ct 2022
My name is Peter (PeterO), live in The Netherlands
Unfortunately no instagrammer.
Many greetings,
Peter

Hope to come to this one too! It was so lovely to meet you all last time :smiley:

1 Like

See you in April!

2 Likes

I’d love to be there next year! I missed the last meetup in October because we weren’t home. Hope to see everyone!

1 Like

See you in April!

1 Like

How wonderful! If you stop into the Library just ask for me. And check out all the great adult and youth programs the Bordentown Library offers.

I may be in the area that weekend. I have it on my calendar.

2 Likes

Sounds great! Hope to see you at the meet-up

2 Likes