Blocked from requesting more addresses

sure there are people who request many addresses and never send

there are even more who send a few cards and then disappear - never to show up to register the cards they receive - i have lost thousands of cards this way - literally thousands

:rage:

6 Likes

after 16 years, for the first time i have been blocked because 7 of 10 cards travelling to china have expired - so it is likely this will not resolve until they hit 366 days and fall off the system

i think 7of 10 when i can send 100 is not a lot and given the situation with mail to and from china over the years, this is really unfair

i did not get locked out when i had over 100!! expired cards during the pandemic

i have always (* ) sent all my cards and as a longtime postcrosser, i am beyond upset - the algorithm is clearly tweaked in a weird way just now
(*) there were a few i did not send at the start of the pandemic when the postal system stopped mail between many countries - admin told me to wait until the mail channels opened again but of course countries like belarus remain suspended from australia 3 years later - the cards i sent to russia at that time were returned and others just disappeared

sending a replacement card to these 7 is unlikely to help this situation - some of these 7 have not registered any cards in a month - and apparently itā€™s my fault that i might not have sent my cards

not happy

6 Likes

Does your block explanation say itā€™s just because these to China?
Can it be you have too many expired in total?

Because if you have thousands of not registered (I assume itā€™s over 2000 then?) during these years, would that not mean over 100 expired each year, and more, because I think first year/s this doesnā€™t happen because you canā€™t send so much. So thinking, maybe 140-150 expired each year, and there hasnā€™t been a block before?

I have 10 expired to USA, so it does seem very unfair that for some other member (with more sent even) 7 or 10 to China would cause a block.

Although I have not tried to send for a couple of days :fearful: I will update later, maybe I am blocked too.

Edit. I was able to draw an address.

2 Likes

You have sent and received more than 10,000 and just because 7 of 10 cards to a country which is known for its slow postal system are expired you got blocked???
Honestly Iā€™m shocked!!
I wouldnā€™t have expect that. Did the text you see when you try so send a card really call that as a reason?

9 Likes

@S_Tuulia @Angelthecat
this is the message (below) - so yes all about china
and yes over the years it would be thousands mostly to people who have disappeared - that i know because i keep an eye on those and see theyā€™ve either not been seen or have not registered cards for months

## Sorryā€¦

The Postcrossing system detected that most of your postcards to China have expired. This is affecting all its receivers who are owed a postcard from you.

Due to the unusual amount of expired postcards, your account is temporarily blocked from requesting more addresses until this issue is fixed.

Our system will automatically unblock your account when the number of expired postcards returns to a normal level.

An expired postcard can still be sent - and it will be registered by the receiver just like any other postcard. You can find the previously requested addresses by clicking on the Postcard IDs below or on your [traveling postcards]

|Postcard ID|To user|To country|Requested on|Address|

If you have already sent postcards to all the addresses above, all you need to do now is wait until some of them arrive and then you can send more postcards.

3 Likes

Wow :neutral_face:

I think that the algorithm that makes the system automatically block urgently needs to be reviewed and, if necessary, adjusted.

This must be a bug :confused:

8 Likes

But this part could mean, if any expired arrive/is registered, the block goes off, could it?
I hope so.

Still, this is very strange and I agree there must be a bug.
And especially if some of these members didnā€™t register anything for months, I would ask if the block could be removed at once.

1 Like

I think this blocking of @IndigoAngel is beyond ridiculous, and if it happened to me Iā€™d be so angry. :frowning:

Isnā€™t it a known issue that mail to China is still slow and somewhat unpredictable?

Looking at @IndigoAngelā€™s statsā€¦sheā€™s sent about 378 cards successfully to China in the past. Surely PC doesnā€™t think that all of a sudden now she is being lazy/deceptive and NOT sending cards to this destination in particular??

Are they really going to treat long-standing members this poorly? If this is the case it certainly makes me think twice about my membership here.

I do hope some sense can prevail and that something can be done about what I trust is just a mindless automatic response from the system!!

13 Likes

Is there a status update available?

@singelpuff
Understand how sad it will be for postcrossing enthusiasts.
But I will still try though
To help the situation, maybe we can consider choose 1 or 2 cards out of current limit to be sent from faster countries, if possible.

2 Likes

@singelpuff

Have you tried contacting the Postcrossing team? I think they can manually change the setting for your account if you explain the situation. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I fully agree with you Tinkatutu, regarding this disgraceful treatment of Indigoangel. Dedicated Postcrossers who do the right thing should not be punished when they are unlucky enough to have a lot of cards expire.

I have noticed that some of the most active Australian Postcrossers have had remarkably few cards to China registered this year, certainly less than I have. (I have been lucky with my cards to China). I wonder if their accounts are also blocked?

6 Likes

Itā€™s an automatic safeguard, nothing to take personally. One message to the team should sort it.

8 Likes

@singelpuff and @IndigoAngel

I agree with @elanlei.
Please write to the support so that they can explain to you why this happened.

3 Likes

As per today I have 9 expired cards
I also have 7 cards traveling for 60 days which mean tomorrow they will be expired too
Letā€™s see if I can request address tomorrow when my stats showing 16 expired cards

:crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hey everyone! Iā€™ve removed a few posts on this topic, which were being flagged for breaking the Community Guidelines.

As always, if you believe your account has been unfairly blocked by the Postcrossing system, you should get in touch with the team, so we can have a look at your case. The forum is not the place for us to analyze individual cases, and we cannot check and reply to everyone here one by one. Please get in touch through the Contact form.

10 Likes

Perhaps you could explain the blocking system and what its purpose is. It seems to be causing undue hardship and confusion amongst your most ardent followers and supporters. To block someone without warning or opportunity to correct a situation appears grossly unfair.

2 Likes

Many messages to the team have not sorted it. When you get blocked, perhaps you will understand the frustration.

1 Like

There are no guidelines, just the arbitrary (ie unfair) decisions of the support team. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Itā€™s literally an automated block thatā€™s there to keep our data and the system safe. No one is being targeted and no one should take it personally.

15 Likes