Automatic registration when moving

I recently found out that when a user changes their address on postcrossing, all postcards sent to them get automatically registered.
I noticed this when it happened with a postcard I sent. The recipient is quite active, and my postcard is displayed on their wall. What’s your take on this?

2 Likes

I believe the user has to choose the option of automatic registration when they change their address (ie it is not a given that postcards are automatically registered)

Mods - please correct me if I’m wrong

6 Likes

I’m not a mod but I know you are right - the user who changes his address can choose if cards sent to her/him should automatically registered or not.

5 Likes

That’s interesting :slight_smile: ! I previously only knew that postcards would be automatically registered when people close their accounts.

I know that sometimes people change their addresses and postcards get registered - but this is the first time it has happened to me only a few hours after pulling an address.

Because it was a Chinese address I decided to wait to write it until I’d written others - so I could print out any addresses on one piece of paper.

I haven’t even started writing this postcard and I got an email about 15 minutes later saying it had been registered.

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/GB-1775609

3 Likes

Thank you for your interesting input. :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s important to note that this could happen, and as a result, there might be a gap in the images of the cards displayed on your wall because you weren’t ready to upload the image.
It’s remarkable how things can turn out.